intake porting "Big Dogs"

yes, your right, there is plenty of volume between the two..............removing it makes no difference. ive never seen one in any of my chevy's though. but obviously they work or oem would'nt put them in....
Removing it on my 09 FZR made a pretty big difference. It had a single arrestor at the entry to the intake. 1.8L with 18psi of boost(not stock) at 9200RPM(also not stock) takes a bit of air. If only Yamaha would have figured out the supercharger clutch(sprag) back then....

Quick update, Thursday i contacted Big Dogs for a status update. They replied within a few hours telling me the lower is done and sent a pic of it ( it did look good and clean from the picture) and said my upper is fully ported and modified now going through all the body work which was followed by another picture of the runners and some welds they were cleaning up. Funny that back in December they were "working on cosmetics" though.... he then said this, word for word:
"Stage 3's on these manifolds is EXTREMLY DIFFICULT and the reason we will be raising our prices on stage 3's for now on! It takes time to get them right because if they ard not then the customer miss out"

i then asked for my lower to be sent so i can install my motor with no reply....🤷‍♂️

Quick update, Thursday i contacted Big Dogs for a status update. They replied within a few hours telling me the lower is done and sent a pic of it ( it did look good and clean from the picture) and said my upper is fully ported and modified now going through all the body work which was followed by another picture of the runners and some welds they were cleaning up. Funny that back in December they were "working on cosmetics" though.... he then said this, word for word:
"Stage 3's on these manifolds is EXTREMLY DIFFICULT and the reason we will be raising our prices on stage 3's for now on! It takes time to get them right because if they ard not then the customer miss out"

i then asked for my lower to be sent so i can install my motor with no reply....🤷‍♂️

Ugh...

Another quick update…guess when I asked for my lower to be sent last week it takes this long to ship/reply. Good news is lower is boxed and shipping out tomorrow (signature required even though he refused to sign for mine when i shipped🙄) he sent a picture of my tracking info on the box. Bad news is the upper still isn’t complete but being worked on….what are we at 45 or 46 weeks now…..anyway it’s some progress.

Sorry just getting around to this update. Lower showed up a few weeks ago and upper just made it. Apparently there were problems with leaks or something. Not sure as it's all communicated through Fakebook which I mentioned I dont use so my buddy is relaying everything. Anyway heres the pics of the stage 3 upper and one pic of the lower. Judge for yourself if the work, price or huge lead time is worth it. Still trying to figure out why he blocked off a center hole in the upper but not in the lower?? What do yall think? Theres obviously stuff I'm not happy with.

Attachments

• 20220812_194544.jpg
    20220812_194544.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220812_194556.jpg
    20220812_194556.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220812_194608.jpg
    20220812_194608.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220812_194618.jpg
    20220812_194618.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220812_194628.jpg
    20220812_194628.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220812_194651.jpg
    20220812_194651.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220812_194704.jpg
    20220812_194704.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220812_194903.jpg
    20220812_194903.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 54
Hopefully mine shows up soon. Those wwlds look rough in some spots, but if it performs I guess it's cosmetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully mine shows up soon. Those wwlds look rough in some spots, but if it performs I guess it's cosmetic

He mentioned they got absolutely slammed with like 70+ orders almost at once which I'm sure contributes to lead times. Yea it looks good, the welds almost seem like JB weld to me but if it functions correctly and it's just hidden cosmetics I'm ok with it. My concern is the blocked off upper hole. I'm not sure why they did that though.

That's the egr tube. No big deal if you don't use an EGR valve. I have mine deleted

That's the egr tube. No big deal if you don't use an EGR valve. I have mine deleted

Oh ok. I should've known that...but why not block off the lower I wonder? Either way its here finally and I can drop my motor back in now!

Oh ok. I should've known that...but why not block off the lower I wonder? Either way its here finally and I can drop my motor back in now!
Lazy but effective blocking of EGR passage. As long as it’s blocked, it’s good. He did not do that on mine.

Blocked is blocked. I put a pipe plug in my lower but since I have a delete plate in the upper, that's not even necessary.

I feel obligated to eat some humble pie. BD porting reached out to me and did a little above and beyond work for my troubles and It’s greatly appreciated. Hopefully this gets them in a better spot to communicate with customers to alleviate the problem for real time frames. I knew going in there was a lead time and just like with any shop you can usually triple what is quoted, hell my motor took 11 months, paint 8 months and trans was about 4 (but BTS gave me an exact date for my build which he stayed true to). I was fine with waiting, I just like to be in the know as far as a realistic date. My frustration came out as this became an issue with dropping my motor back in the truck.That being said I appreciate the olive branch they extended.

I feel obligated to eat some humble pie. BD porting reached out to me and did a little above and beyond work for my troubles and It’s greatly appreciated. Hopefully this gets them in a better spot to communicate with customers to alleviate the problem for real time frames. I knew going in there was a lead time and just like with any shop you can usually triple what is quoted, hell my motor took 11 months, paint 8 months and trans was about 4 (but BTS gave me an exact date for my build which he stayed true to). I was fine with waiting, I just like to be in the know as far as a realistic date. My frustration came out as this became an issue with dropping my motor back in the truck.That being said I appreciate the olive branch they extended.

So what is your advice for people like me waiting on parts? I'm at 8months. I've been messaging them once a month for updates and getting very little. Should I just sit patiently and quietly? Or keep nagging and asking for updates?

So what is your advice for people like me waiting on parts? I'm at 8months. I've been messaging them once a month for updates and getting very little. Should I just sit patiently and quietly? Or keep nagging and asking for updates?

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, I'd keep messaging. That was a part of the conversation I brought up, I wish tracking his jobs/progress would be a little more transparent. I think real updates would be appreciated and help ease the tension on waiting for the job to be done. Good or bad news I just want to know where I stand. They've had some major impacts to the business in the last year from illness to natural disasters. It's hypocritical for me to say trust the process since I got my intakes back so I'm relieved but I was exactly where you are a month ago. Just keep messaging.

Keep messaging and let them know you plan to until you either get your part or they improve their communication to you.

After watching some of his videos and reading some of his messages on other forums, I would never send him anything to port. The old video of him dropping a socket down an intake runner is laughable.

Still waiting... 9 months now. I wouldn't do it again. Different story if they would have been more transparent on the turnaround times

Back