intake porting "Big Dogs"

JamesJ

so i sent my upper/lower GT40 lightning intake to Big Dog porting last year ( June/July 2021) and I'm still waiting. I sent the intakes via FEDEX with a declared value of $1k so it required a signature. Big Dogs DID NOT/ REFUSED TO sign so it was returned to my shipping store in late august 2021..my total shipping cost was just under $150 with a cost of $560 for a stage 3 port job ( which is VERY reasonable) BUT i hat to resend them for another $150. My issue is they refuse to contact me unless its facebook messenger which i refuse to use so i use my friends FB account. They are now 11 months into my port job and keep regurgitating the same "working on cosmetics", jobs in front of yours, delicate work and it will ship soon BS. I need non gate keeping positive feedback from their work at this point because I'm a little fed up at right now. I'm held up on my restoration because of the length of time they have/are taking. I didn't want to do this but they literally deleted my comment on their YouTube channel when i said that "i knew that they took time but it would be worth the wait" stating WE don't discuss jobs on youtube. Well heres the deal, they said my job would cost $560 and would be 8-10 WEEKS to complete...here i am 44 weeks later and they wont give me a real time line. So anyone else dealt with tony? If they are a member and get upset about this post and return my job please also include the extra shipping cost that you caused me, i could have bought a type R intake for what you've cost me and already had it at this point.

so i sent my upper/lower GT40 lightning intake to Big Dog porting last year ( June/July 2021) and I'm still waiting. I sent the intakes via FEDEX with a declared value of $1k so it required a signature. Big Dogs DID NOT/ REFUSED TO sign so it was returned to my shipping store in late august 2021..my total shipping cost was just under $150 with a cost of $560 for a stage 3 port job ( which is VERY reasonable) BUT i hat to resend them for another $150. My issue is they refuse to contact me unless its facebook messenger which i refuse to use so i use my friends FB account. They are now 11 months into my port job and keep regurgitating the same "working on cosmetics", jobs in front of yours, delicate work and it will ship soon BS. I need non gate keeping positive feedback from their work at this point because I'm a little fed up at right now. I'm held up on my restoration because of the length of time they have/are taking. I didn't want to do this but they literally deleted my comment on their YouTube channel when i said that "i knew that they took time but it would be worth the wait" stating WE don't discuss jobs on youtube. Well heres the deal, they said my job would cost $560 and would be 8-10 WEEKS to complete...here i am 44 weeks later and they wont give me a real time line. So anyone else dealt with tony? If they are a member and get upset about this post and return my job please also include the extra shipping cost that you caused me, i could have bought a type R intake for what you've cost me and already had it at this point.
So……..I went through the same issue. What they do not disclose to you is when they are going to start you 8-10 week job. They won’t give you updates because they have no idea where your part is in the process until it is done. The first time I contacted Big Dog after they had my part for over 10 weeks. “We are working on it right now”, was the response. After several FB messages back and forth the truth came out. Once the receive your product they have no way of tracking the progress. I offered him some solutions and was ignored. (rightfully so no one likes be told how to run your business). End of story, I did get the upper back. It probably would have been a nicer job if I had not been on his ass the whole time. Is it worth the wait? That is for you to decide. If you would like pictures of mine I’m happy to share.

So……..I went through the same issue. What they do not disclose to you is when they are going to start you 8-10 week job. They won’t give you updates because they have no idea where your part is in the process until it is done. The first time I contacted Big Dog after they had my part for over 10 weeks. “We are working on it right now”, was the response. After several FB messages back and forth the truth came out. Once the receive your product they have no way of tracking the progress. I offered him some solutions and was ignored. (rightfully so no one likes be told how to run your business). End of story, I did get the upper back. It probably would have been a nicer job if I had not been on his ass the whole time. Is it worth the wait? That is for you to decide. If you would like pictures of mine I’m happy to share.
Please do share the work, it's important for people to see. It's one thing to have long lead times (hell everyone does), but it is another to simply not be forthcoming and to play games on communication and feedback. I don't care how great the work is(and I honestly doubt the claims), but those are big red flags for anyone thinking about doing business with them.

By all means please post the work, I'd like to see it. In all how long do you think you waited to get your upper back?

Apologies for using the forum to rant about this. Last night I was going over stuff on my rebuild and looked at messages he has been sending my buddy through FB. December 2021 he was "working on cosmetics". Made contact May 13th and outright asked about lead time where he said "almost ready to ship out" and it was supposed to ship in May which it didnt. Last night just bugged me enough to ask if anyone else had to go through this.

By all means please post the work, I'd like to see it. In all how long do you think you waited to get your upper back?

Apologies for using the forum to rant about this. Last night I was going over stuff on my rebuild and looked at messages he has been sending my buddy through FB. December 2021 he was "working on cosmetics". Made contact May 13th and outright asked about lead time where he said "almost ready to ship out" and it was supposed to ship in May which it didnt. Last night just bugged me enough to ask if anyone else had to go through this.
That’s because he has no idea where in the process it is. Those are canned responses that he sent me as well. I shipped mine on 2-10-21 it was shipped back to me on 5-24-21. And that was with constant pushing.
When I get home from work I will post pics of mine.

Please do not apologize! That's a huge reason this forum exists!!!

Please do not apologize! That's a huge reason this forum exists!!!
^^^This. How many good businesses are thriving and bad businesses are gone because of forums? A bunch. There are still plenty out there that forums haven't helped or hurt, but if it weren't for the forums we would all be rolling the dice on every transaction we made.

ive been wanting to send him an intake to see what he can do for me but a quick search shows poor customer service for sure, not sure about his work.......i mean, hog it out, flow test it and see what you get right?

ive been wanting to send him an intake to see what he can do for me but a quick search shows poor customer service for sure, not sure about his work.......i mean, hog it out, flow test it and see what you get right?

You know what they say, if it's too good to be true...

35BFBBDB-ED0E-4938-92E2-0330F62A36DD.jpeg
You know what they say, if it's too good to be true...
I paid for the stage 2 upper and lower. I also had them do a phenolic space just in case I needed one.
As you can see on the tape, bolted together they are flowing 201-208 CFM @ 28”. I have not had anyone test it. I don’t even know who I would take it to to test it.

Attachments

• F10B9C71-F602-4062-8FB0-54ADA2A27416.jpeg
    F10B9C71-F602-4062-8FB0-54ADA2A27416.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 62
  • B5AB04CD-32F2-4B93-9607-E5829A322ABF.jpeg
    B5AB04CD-32F2-4B93-9607-E5829A322ABF.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 63
  • 25DE88B9-19B3-490C-9C2F-34DDD7D5F191.jpeg
    25DE88B9-19B3-490C-9C2F-34DDD7D5F191.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 62
  • D302C8E1-D322-422C-A68B-FF27DBE1BE4C.jpeg
    D302C8E1-D322-422C-A68B-FF27DBE1BE4C.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 59
......cuz if it works on a golf ball, its gotta work on intake tubes, under vacuum or boost right. like a fighterjets skin, like a sharks skin.....like a roughed up bottom hull of a boat that handles so well........air fills the voids creating its own perfectly smooth surface right.............rough=friction, friction=flow right? basic porting physics.........
and @lightn95 when murphys law seems to take a slight break for you, its just shifted in high gear for me,
I dropped two washers yesterday working on the truck, one hit the toe of my crock and I watched it roll accross the street and ended up in the neighbors driveway, of about 60'..............i could'nt repeat it over a million trys......impossible.....and the other washer..........fell in the cuff of my pants...........I didn't find that one till it was time to take a shower.
when things happen over and over again that seem impossible.......makes me wonder........i mean, everyday, all the time, from simple little things to us staring at each other going................did you just see that??? pls tell me im not the only one who saw that.......you gotta be kidding me

Last edited:
View attachment 103057

I paid for the stage 2 upper and lower. I also had them do a phenolic space just in case I needed one.
As you can see on the tape, bolted together they are flowing 201-208 CFM @ 28”. I have not had anyone test it. I don’t even know who I would take it to to test it.

did they not clean the intakes before sending back to you? I thought that was part of the price, but maybe its on the stage 3 quote. Honestly im not too sure at what to look for as far as good/bad beyond obvious defects, is it rough inside? Looks like they claimed a flow of before 208cfm to after 281cfm?
i guess the big question is are you happy with the work performed? If/when i get mine i can post pictures of what they look like.

did they not clean the intakes before sending back to you? I thought that was part of the price, but maybe its on the stage 3 quote. Honestly im not too sure at what to look for as far as good/bad beyond obvious defects, is it rough inside? Looks like they claimed a flow of before 208cfm to after 281cfm?
i guess the big question is are you happy with the work performed? If/when i get mine i can post pictures of what they look like.
No they scribbled a number out. It was 2 flow tests. 201 and 208. It’s rough inside. I think the only thing that pisses me off is the 76mm TB opening. I sent them my 75mm spacer to match. No they are not polished, it’s rough I don’t think a polish would increase things much. As for the sandblasting…..I have a cabinet and told them not to spend time on it.

Back