Info on Convoy to LightningFest III from Texas - 9/22/05

tliss

Massta Tom
All right…since it appears the drive up I-35 is the best route to take, here are the details for the convoy….

BREAKFAST: There is no one palce for everyone to meet up from breakfast. Eat whereever your little heart desires

MEETING PLACE: Love’s Truck Stop – 8900 I-35, Exit 473 – this truck stop is north of Denton near Denton Dragway. I can’t recall what corner it is on.

Here is a map of the vacinity
26untitled1.jpg

DEPARTURE TIME: We will leave promptly at 9:00am. Be at the Love’s Truck Stop fueled and ready to go about 10 minutes before this time. We have a schedule to try to meet, so we will not be able to wait around after this time.

RADIOS: Bring your 2-way radios so we can be in communications during the trip. This is how we will be able to coordinate gas stops and whatnot.

PARTICPANTS:
Who's alll coming? Post up.

ROUTE: Looks like I-35, I-435, I-470, I-70 into KC. Estimated distance per MapQuest 526 miles, approx 8 hours. Here's the route for your perusal.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...ACKSON+DR&2c=INDEPENDENCE&2s=MO&2z=64057-1566

RALLY POINT OUTSIDE OF KC: TBD. There may be a need to set up a rally point outside of KC where we can all meet up to roll into KC together. I will ask locals for someplace we could use along our route that is just outside of KC, and will provide info when I have it.

OTHER NOTES: With a convoy of this size and this well advertised, we will have to keep things civil along the way. Keep this in mind while we are driving. Gas stops will be coordinated via radio, since the majority of us will need to stop at roughly the same intervals. Others may need to stop more frequently, so the thought is to let them stop and keep the convoy moving. They can try to catch up or meet at the rally point listed above. We can change this as necessary.

All info can be tracked here: http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9355

Tom

Anyone else planning on joining us? It doesn't sound like we're going to see the activity along the highways like we did last year, which is pretty disappointing. Come on guys...there's got to be some of you coming from Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, etc. Post up!

Tom

Actually Tom, there are more people registered this year than last year?:?

...Dwight...

I've got about 16 or so trucks coming from DFW so far and might have Gunman coming up to meet us from Austin, and it looks like we have Jim in Wichita, but no one else. No one from OK is going, apparently. I'll bring everybody I can and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised...

Tom

Back