In Case you Didn't Know It

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
Last edited:
I don't do fakebook. Never have, never will.

No worries, this forum is not going anywhere. But for those that do Social Media there is an option. Again not intended to replace this site, but we have to acknowledge that Social Media is a real thing and being used by a huge amount of people.

Funny thing is there has been a noticeable number of people coming to LightningRodder that have deleted their Fakebook accounts. They say they cannot stand the attitudes of some of the Lighting "owners" or wannabe "owners". As one who bounces back-and-forth between LR and NLOC, I certainly hope to see some more activity here. I am trying on my part. I linked the decal thread over there, and it seemed to have some interest. I will continue to do so in the future. I realize that LR is owned by an uncaring corporation (Auto Guide), while NLOC is owned by a Lightning enthusiast. I'll do what I can, but not making any promises. I told a friend today about this site. He has troubles with LR due to some asshats that like to post smart aleck comments when one makes a post asking a question that "may" have been able to be answered by a search. We all know how "search" works. LMAO!

What’s nice about here is that the majority of people who are left are guys who have had their trucks forever and it’s like a big family.

I joined NLOC originally way back in 2000, when I bought my first Lightning, a white 00. Had to sell it in 2002 due to loss of job because of 09/11. Didn't buy another until I got my current Lightning in December 2009. Kind of seemed like it was meant to be. When I sold my first one, it had a little over 34,000 miles on it. When I bought my second, it had a little over 34,000 miles on it. I didn't dawdle around or quibble over price, just bought it. Here's some showroom pics of that day.

Attachments

• 2FTRF07304CA65953.jpg
    2FTRF07304CA65953.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2FTRF07304CA65953_2.jpg
    2FTRF07304CA65953_2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2FTRF07304CA65953_3.jpg
    2FTRF07304CA65953_3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2FTRF07304CA65953_7.jpg
    2FTRF07304CA65953_7.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 15
very nice looking truck. same mileage as your previous one, hopefully you can just continue on like that 7 year gap never happened.

very nice looking truck. same mileage as your previous one, hopefully you can just continue on like that 7 year gap never happened.

I have. I've owned the second one 22 years now, it now is getting close to turning over 71,000 miles and doesn't look anything like it once did. It now sports what look like factory rims, but the rears are widened three inches to 12.5 and the fronts narrowed to 6.5. It has Magnum Powers blower on it, JLP long bars, Mag-Hytec differential cover in bright red / polished aluminum, soon to have the same transmission pan. Custom hood done by a guy over at LightningRodder who is a body paint guy in Poplar Bluff Missouri. All signal lights are led, fogs are hid, and the headlights are soon to be hid.

I wanted to attach more pictures, but it appears there is a limit here to how many I can have in the pic file. That's sad. Doesn't happen on any other site I am a member of. That'll limit my staying power here.

Attachments

• 8467990C-5795-41A7-B08E-205E28F9B76B.jpg
    8467990C-5795-41A7-B08E-205E28F9B76B.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 01010064.jpg
    01010064.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 01010063.jpg
    01010063.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 01010058.jpg
    01010058.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'm a "not ever gonna happen" Facebook social media type myself, so I'm very grateful for this forum.

I wanted to attach more pictures, but it appears there is a limit here to how many I can have in the pic file. That's sad. Doesn't happen on any other site I am a member of. That'll limit my staying power here.

That is probably something on your side not the site. Jamie V uploaded over a dozen pictures in one post classifieds thread. Brian and Jeff have uploaded a lot in one post too. Just to name a couple off the top of my head. I know Jamie uses Tapatalk to view the forum. Might be something to look into....

I'm not talking about pictures in the thread. I'm talking about uploading pics into the pic file. Seems I hit one page and can't add anymore. Over at M109Riders, another site with the same format as this site, I have six pages of photos in that same file. Here it appears I'm limited to only one. I tried to upload a pic or two of the led lights on my truck and was told I couldn't add any more photos.

Well, that's funny. Last night Icouldn't do it. Today it worked just fine. :headscratch:

Mine are usually links to the files on my OneDrive. I hate Tapatalk for pictures because it compresses the graphics and makes everything look blotchy to me.

Jeff, do mine look blotchy to you?

d171be37ee7f88a1c8dc837c6f54c847.jpg

Back