I'm in.

glenbartley

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Did my reservation today.
2f83d9672578ae475024af88e5c8ed90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nope nothing like that yet. I picked the dealer and they assigned me a rep that sent me an email. Nothing about trim levels or anything yet. As I find out anything I'll post it.

Nope nothing like that yet. I picked the dealer and they assigned me a rep that sent me an email. Nothing about trim levels or anything yet. As I find out anything I'll post it.

Thanks Glen! I was going to merge this, but I see you posted in the other one. So I will leave them separate :)

I’m excited for it. I’ve been an E fan for a while. I don’t buy into the zero emissions crap. But all that aside it has lots of great features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in too! Made my reservation this evening. This will replace my Bolt and will be an excellent commuter for me...I drive a little under 100 miles round trip daily.

Trust me, I too was skeptical about EV's at first, but you don't know what you don't know until you own one. I still own my PSD F350, Lightning, Expedition, and the two EV's. We use the fuel powered vehicles for long trips because in my experience public chargers suck...they are either broken, hard to find, or cost you way too much money to use!

In my opinion, EV's are made for city driving. Period. I constantly push my EV to the limits to see just how far I can drive it and in what conditions...trust me when I say I push the range limits because if you run out of power you can't roll into the nearest gas station for a can of gas, it's call a tow truck--ask me how I know. The things I found so far are: It doesn't matter what the vehicle says your range is because it's ALWAYS less--the new Lightning looks like it will adjust range on the fly for current conditions and that will be HUGE for owners. Weather matters. The cold zaps your batteries, for example my range on a normal day is 230 miles on a full charge, but in the winter I was seeing as low as 130 miles for a full charge. Don't forget heaters draw a lot of power and in return it reduces your range. Heat matters too and it also zaps your batteries because the vehicle is using power to condition the batteries to keep them at a certain temp so they don't overheat. Don't forget using your AC is just like using your heater...it uses power and reduces your range. Wind plays a part in your range as well...headwind vs tailwind really impacts EV's on the highway. Now, with all that said, I still love my EV's. I love the fact that I put over 30K on it in a year and didn't waste one minute stopping at a gas station, looking at fuel prices, no oil changes, no plugs changed, no fuel filter changed, etc. The only thing I did to that car is rotate the tires, installed new wipers, and filled the wiper fluid.

Washington State just found a way to capture all the missing gas taxes they aren't getting from EV owners. They are now charging me a $150 electric vehicle renewal fee and a $75 transportation electrification fee, which now puts my tabs over $300 for each EV.

If it all works out I hope to replace my wife's tahoe with the lightning. She drives about 50k miles a year and almost 100% less than 100 miles at a time. Very few trips longer than a single charge.

With oil changes, trans fluid, ect I average probably $60 a month and 3 hours in matinance alone. Then she averages 200 gallons in gad a month at $3. That's $600 in gas. Vs about $225 in electricity cost @ .11/kwh.

All together save about $500 difference?

I'm not a tree hugger at all and global warming is what happens.... turned into a cash cow.

If it all works out cool. And I don't have to work on a chevy. Lol

I'm in too! Made my reservation this evening. This will replace my Bolt and will be an excellent commuter for me...I drive a little under 100 miles round trip daily.

Trust me, I too was skeptical about EV's at first, but you don't know what you don't know until you own one. I still own my PSD F350, Lightning, Expedition, and the two EV's. We use the fuel powered vehicles for long trips because in my experience public chargers suck...they are either broken, hard to find, or cost you way too much money to use!

In my opinion, EV's are made for city driving. Period. I constantly push my EV to the limits to see just how far I can drive it and in what conditions...trust me when I say I push the range limits because if you run out of power you can't roll into the nearest gas station for a can of gas, it's call a tow truck--ask me how I know. The things I found so far are: It doesn't matter what the vehicle says your range is because it's ALWAYS less--the new Lightning looks like it will adjust range on the fly for current conditions and that will be HUGE for owners. Weather matters. The cold zaps your batteries, for example my range on a normal day is 230 miles on a full charge, but in the winter I was seeing as low as 130 miles for a full charge. Don't forget heaters draw a lot of power and in return it reduces your range. Heat matters too and it also zaps your batteries because the vehicle is using power to condition the batteries to keep them at a certain temp so they don't overheat. Don't forget using your AC is just like using your heater...it uses power and reduces your range. Wind plays a part in your range as well...headwind vs tailwind really impacts EV's on the highway. Now, with all that said, I still love my EV's. I love the fact that I put over 30K on it in a year and didn't waste one minute stopping at a gas station, looking at fuel prices, no oil changes, no plugs changed, no fuel filter changed, etc. The only thing I did to that car is rotate the tires, installed new wipers, and filled the wiper fluid.

Washington State just found a way to capture all the missing gas taxes they aren't getting from EV owners. They are now charging me a $150 electric vehicle renewal fee and a $75 transportation electrification fee, which now puts my tabs over $300 for each EV.

Be sure to post in the reservation thread!

Back