I'm about ready to order the PimpxShift.

Red 93 L1 #3383

Boys & their toys
I just want to have all my information handy for when I go to order one for the '94. Any advice from those of you who have ordered already? What info do they need? Engine specs? Cam specs? Injector size? Other? Also currently I don't have a working laptop but I do have a Chromebook I bought last year for " School at Home " BS. Does anybody know if I can use the Chromebook or should I be looking for a new laptop?

I never owned a chrome book so I’m not sure but the software you need is tunerstudio and megalogviewer so maybe you can check.

I used the software on a laptop & a surface pro so I know they work.

You'll need a Windows computer. It doesn't need to be much, but it has to use the Windows OS.

I use a 10" Dell tablet that I got cheap and refurbished off Ebay. I love the thing except that it's starting to get tough to read for my 55 year old eyes, so I'm thinking of getting something a bit larger.

One thing I'd recommend splurging on is getting something with a solid state drive. I've found the short boot time to be a huge thing when I'm trying to deal with a tuning issue while sitting in a parking lot or on the side of the road.

Funny you should ask as I just got a Chromebook to test for work :) Chromebook runs an OS owned by Google, but based on Linux and Tuner Studio happily runs on Linux. However you can't just install Linux apps in the Chrome OS without doing a bit of prep work. Let me mess around with this thing and I will let you know if I can get TS running on it.

OK, got to the point of getting TS to load an example project. I have not tried connecting to a Megasquirt yet. Configuring a Chromebook to run TS was not a huge deal for me as I am in IT. However it might be daunting for a non-tech user. First you have to enable Linux support in the Chrome OS, then you have to install Java in the Linux container, then you launch TS from inside that container.

Maybe just grab a cheap Windows laptop like Jeff said :)

20210505_164042672_iOS.jpg

OK, got to the point of getting TS to load an example project. I have not tried connecting to a Megasquirt yet. Configuring a Chromebook to run TS was not a huge deal for me as I am in IT. However it might be daunting for a non-tech user. First you have to enable Linux support in the Chrome OS, then you have to install Java in the Linux container, then you launch TS from inside that container.

Maybe just grab a cheap Windows laptop like Jeff said :)

View attachment 39912

Sounds like a good excuse to finally update my laptop. All of my current laptops are all 10+ years old & no longer hold a charge among other various issues. My '94 came with a Innovate 3891 DLG-1 Dual Lambda O2 gauge kit installed, will I be able to tie this into the Pimpxshift or should I look at adding an AEM or Spartan with my purchase?

As long as that Innovate kit has a 0-5v output you should be good. Do you have the directions that came with it? Wiring should be in that

My '94 came with a Innovate 3891 DLG-1 Dual Lambda O2 gauge kit installed, will I be able to tie this into the Pimpxshift or should I look at adding an AEM or Spartan with my purchase?

Looks like it works just fine to me. And you get the benefits of 2 O2 sensors

*Edit, I don't see the sensor wire.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As long as that Innovate kit has a 0-5v output you should be good. Do you have the directions that came with it? Wiring should be in that

I can't recall seeing any instructions for it but they could be there. I'll also have to look under the dash one of these days to see if it's even hooked up or if all the farther he got was installing it into the pillar pod. The joys of buying someone's half finished project.

Glad to see that the wide band the truck came with will work, now to find a descent but cheaper laptop & order the PimpxShift. There is so many little detail items to finish up, it will be a while before I get to finally try to fire up the new engine.

There is so many little detail items to finish up, it will be a while before I get to finally try to fire up the new engine.

I'm with you there, I've been saying a month or two for the last year.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back