Illinois Convoy

Chitown Willie

As always, there will be a convoy meeting and leaving from 90 miles West of Chicago (I-88 and I-39) on Thursday morning. First stop the I-80 Truck Stop in Iowa.:drool:

We'll meet you guys at the Iowa truck stop again. Lourie got me a TomTom for christmas. So I'll actually have a clue to where we're at and not arrive at the hotel with a full tank.:hh:

What way do you guys take from Chicago? I think that I'm actually going to drive the truck up this year and if I can meet up with you guys along the way that would be awesome.

We meet up just South of Rockford, Illinois at I-88 and I-39 at 6-7 am.
The Wisconsin folks leave at 3 - 4 am and meet us at that point.
We then follow I-88 into I-80 and stop in Walcott Iowa ( I-80 Truckstop) for breakfast and to meet up with those who came from further South on I-80.
We then continue West to I-35 and head South.
Would be cool if you can join us:)

That is where we have met for the last two years.
Things may change as we get closer.
Last year the trailer guys left a couple hours before that. (We almost caught up to them) It sounds like we might have a few more trailers this year, so maybe we will all have to leave earlier. We will figure it out later.

I would love to go and will be coming from MN in the Twin cities area. I will be coming down I-35 and would love to meet up in Des Moines area. Any idea of a time you will be near there?

A rough guess would be between 10am and Noon.
Check in the ILLNESS section as we get closer.
Our leaving time will be a group decision as we get closer and prob depend on how many trailers we have. Last year the trailer guys left much earlier.
No matter what,everyone stops at the I-80 truck stop for breakfast (showers, dental work, lot lizzards what have you)
That I-80 / I-35 interchange is the only traffic we run into until KC and we generally stop just before or after that for a break.

Keep me posted on the meet time at I-80 truck stop, it is only 25 minutes from my house. Definitely planning on going this year!!

Keep me posted on the meet time at I-80 truck stop, it is only 25 minutes from my house. Definitely planning on going this year!!

Then why don't you register? We're on the verge of canceling because we only have half the people we need just to brake even and if we do cancel we are going to take a huge financial hit. Try to get others to sign up also because it's about 95% that there won't be another one.

Roy

I did not know I had to register, I was planning on paying at the gate. I will see what I can do as far as getting others signed up.

Back