Idling @ 2500rpms

L

LW93Rcode

Hey all,
This morning i started the truck and it began to surge for a few minutes, then shot right up to 2500 rpms and stay there. Even if I shut the truck off, when I start it again it goes right to 2500 rpms. hit the gas it goes up to three grand then slowly comes back to 2500. Any help?

------------------
Laurence Weiler
93' #2049
14.69 @ 91.01MPH

Try cleaning your intake and throttle body. As you remove the air inlet you will see two holes to the right inside the throttle body. Spray intake cleaner inside there and also open and close the throttle body float while cleaning around it. Try that several times. Crank in between each time and let it run for a few minutes understanding though that it will be a little hard to crank because of the cleaner. Good luck and maybe that will help.

Does the check engine light come on? Try what MrsLightning said..You might want to run some GM(yeah I know) Top Engine Cleaner through it..The stuff is awesome..You won't believe the crap that comes out the tail pipes..Then go through and check your timing, TPS Voltage(should be .98V), and anything else you can thing of. Hopefully this solves it, if not you may have a sensor on the way out.

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232

Back