I think it's totaled

GT347SC

Had a lady pull out if a parking lot blind Sunday. She couldn't see around the other cars and out she came. I swerved to avoid hitting her but she still hit the side if my truck. This truck has been the love of my life for the last ten years. I completed a full lightning drive train swap in a weekend and later had it painted. I've had so many compliments on it. I kinda want to find a bronco and swap it all again but I use this truck to tow pretty often and I'm afraid I won't like the shorter wheel base. Father in law has a extended cab 96 in need of some serious TLC. I'm not sure what direction to go yet. It won't just go to the insurance company though. I saved one L from that fate to build this truck. It will live on in another truck.
2012-11-25_14-41-07_863.jpg

Really doesn't look that bad but every panel is crushed and the cab and bed will do it in I'm sure. :(

... then don't file a claim.

A bed, a door, a fender and maybe a bumper are pretty simple to R&R.

You'll need a body shop for the cab and for paint.

Not super cheap when all tolled but better than the pittance check the insurance company's gonna write you as they tow your truck away.

Last edited:
We place blame here.

I can't afford to fix it so if I don't make a claim it will just have to be ugly. I'm trying to save money to buy a tow truck and start a bussiness so it just won't get fixed if I have to pay for it. By body guy has already looked at it and said its gonna be expensive

Bummer deal, you're clone is way cool. hard to see actual damage in photos, but from my exp. in autobody/paint. I guess close to $4500.00
Used parts for sure as long as they are true Ford parts.

Doesnt appear hard e nuf hot to damage frame. Hit the salvage yards grab a door ne work rest out of cab. I bet u could fix it for < 2k total if u dyi.

sorry to see ya truck like that mate,shame some people just cant drive,even in a parking lot.
looks fixable though,if she,s ya baby she needs looking after.

you all know this thread just took a turn for the "MORE AWESOME"

now, who has some parts to hook the OP up so he can fix his truck?

If the inner rocker panel isnt bent, that could be fixed few ways. Can re-skin the door, or replace door,and pull dent and work the filler. Same for back of cab and bed,..Then have it resprayed.

If INS says its total, ask how much over the limit. Ask what would it take to keep it right under threshold. And you will source parts and getting it fixed. Cheapest way would be to use stud gun, pull and hammer dents, then use filler. After main filler, use top coat filler. Sand all that smooth with some wet/dry 400
, once flat and contoured way it should be, do few coats with a good filler primer.. Just be sure to have shape of panel right when you prime them. Quality Paint work is 95% prep , 2% paint and 3% clean up :rolleyes:

I'm heavily considering a L bronco. I found a 96 for $800 but the right rear is damaged so still requiring body work. Been told of another with good body but will need paint for $2000. It's a 93.

Yea they will pay. I want a bronco but all the compliments on my truck make me want to keep it. I'm torn. Pending the final price I may try to buy the bronco and slowly work on it.

Back