I think I'm going F'ing insane.

BryanBag

Need more MODS
Today I was changing the oil in the L and I got to thinking about selling the L.
The L is pretty much bone stock, All it had is the Bassani catted mids and cat back, Superchip canned 1715 tune. Stegi stage 4 port, C&L Elbow and open Element Filter. Thats it.
I did the intercooler recall swap and CC recall was also done, updated the 99/00 to 01/04 tail light and corner lamps wit Sylivania Xencars< (I know spelling)

Now I do have a new motor sitting on the stand waiting to go in along with a bunch of supporting mods.
1. Built GT500 SB
2. 03/04 8 thread heads, Heads have been worked but hasn't been
ported.
3. Daynatech LT Headers. and Catted Mids
4. 6lb lowed
5. Duel pass heat exhanger.
6. MP idler bridge
7. JLP Long Bars
8. 2400 Stall
9. Alui Drive Shaft
10. 2400 Mass Air Meter
11. NGK TR6
12. XD16/ LC-1
13. All new Gaskets. (Water pump to rear main seal and TB Gasket to Oil
pan casket)
14. O2 Sensors (all 4)
15. duel 255 walbro's
16. AeroForce duel gauge with (boost and oil pressure add-ons)
17. JLP Drop Shackles
18. 8 brand new COP's
19. Expoxy Center Console.
20. Stegi flow match 42lb injectors

Now the parts listed above are not installed. There just sitting here waiting to be installed.
I have/had every intention of installing the motor and other parts when my orginal motor desides to expire. All parts have been bought over the past 5 years. I bought the L with 88,000 miles and it now has over 210,000 miles on the clock and still running stong.
I just don't have a location to do the swap when and If that time comes. Knowing my luck, the motor will pop when I don't have the time, money and place to do the swap.

Another thing the truck is from up north and has salt damage on the undercarriage. I knew this when I bought the truck. I knew these truck had a good chance of poping a motor before hitting 130,000 mile. (GUESS I GOY LUCKY)
My plan was when the motor did pop I would be pulling the cab to do the swap and I would be able to fix the salt damage when the cab was pulled. but here I am at 210,000+ mile and still running good.

Now with my new job I will be putting ruffly 120 miles round trip on the L daily. I can handle the 14 to 15 MPG, but I'm still.thinking about getting something with a little better MPG and newer.

Bryan

Last edited:
Don't do it park it, but a daily beater that's my advice...

Thats what I want to do, but the problem is I don't have the room plus I'm wanting to try and buy a house later on this year and the extra funds I would have from selling it would make things easier.

Bryan

Back