I think I have the earliest known 2004 build number on the online lists.

Emig5m

2004 Lightning #39
Received my build certificate today (well, actually yesterday now) and it looks like I have #39 of the 04's:

2004lbuildcertificateso9.jpg

I was actually shocked when I opened the envelope and seen #39! I was expecting in the 3000's like my 03! (my 03 was #3841)

The next earliest one on the list is ....53....grey.....9/2/03....scuba-matt followed by ..101...silver.....9/8/03....SilverL04.

Holla! :thumbup:

....39....red......8/28/03....Emig5m

Please add to the list.

So is it official I have the earliest known build of the 04's from all the various Lightning site's active online members?

when did they start printing the dealership name? i got mine like a year or two ago and it looks just like yours except for the delivery line. :?

the additional research for the dealership & extra ink is why they charge $40 now LOL

AustinSVT said:
the additional research for the dealership & extra ink is why they charge $40 now LOL

Believe me I'm not sad mine doesn't have the crappy dealership were i bought my truck listed on it, I wonder why they started adding that information though.

:hh:

I noticed yours was built in 8/2003. I wonder who has the oldest? That magic number of 3781. mine is only 3399 out of 3781. But the build was 5/04/2004 and I bought it only 15 days after it left the factory in Ontario. Talk about fresh out of the oven.......

Last edited:
AustinSVT said:

Could be possible....lol. My 03's build certificate which I had gotten at the time they where still free (the last month they where giving them out for free) and it didn't have the dealer on it. Could be that they might have some Lightning's original dealers on record and some not? Oh btw, there's a $10 discount if you're a SVTOA member for anyone interested in obtaining their build certificate.

Still funny I had to take a double take when I opened it and seen the low double double digit build number - thought my eyes where playing tricks on me at first, lol. w00t...to the top of the list I go (for now anyway).

Yep, you are the earliest 2004 in my database...and I've got 160 in there.

Last edited:
junioRace said:
Don't know, least not yet. The earliest Gen 2 I have (in my lists) is #19.
Am I reading the same list? Lowest numbers I see are as follows. 1999=#19, 2000=#5, 2001=#11, 2002=#12, 2003=#16, 2004=#39...so unless I am missing something..My 2000 is the lowest of all of them with #5. Are there more online lists to look at? This is the only one I have found thus far.

What I meant was the first of the Gen 2 trucks that we have on record is #19, built in 1999. If you break it down for each build year of Gen 2's, your figures are all correct except for model year 2001. I have #4 listed for that year.

For the record on Gen 1's: earliest 1993 = #86, earliest 1994 = 9, earliest 1995 = #1 (also have #2).

Back