I need a new oil pan

Toplait

Hi folks,

95' F4TE 351W roller block. My old oil pan was rusted out... Dipstick in Block.

So, I bought a Dorman replacement..Crap POS

Well, I cant get the Felpro gasket to seal right on the saddle on the rear main area. Gonna have to RTV that part if I want to seal it. Also, the Melling oil pump hits the bottom of the pan which is 6 inches deep on the front sump.. Now the pan looks like crap.

So, I want a new pan. After searching the NLOC forums I have decided on the MOR-20520 - Moroso Street/Strip Oil Pan for my replacement. UNless some one has any other recommendations.

Also, are there any other parts recommended to purchase with this oil pan?

Felpro 1 piece gasket work okay?

Factory pick up tube work? Or should I upgrade to that Moroso one that Summit Racing recommends.

Thanks

you can only use a stock pan if you have stock style exhaust. Factory cats, Bassani o/r pipe etc....
Buy a Ford pan

I have longtube Headers, Front fuel tank removed. With 2.5" pipes going back is the plan. Flowmaster cats with SLP Loud Mouth resonators.

Melling HV oil pump with pickup tube installed currently... Engine is on stand. " Over time Project" That I'm working on

oh ok. Then yes you can use the Moroso pan. It does fit well for an aftermarket pan. Get the best Felpro rubber oil pan gasket. I bought mine from Autozone for $35. #2 Permatex on the corners of the "U" shape area of the pan. Leak free 13 years now.
New pan will come with a pick up.

Thanks,

Here is pictures of the issue I got with the Dorman Pan for those interested.... RTV is on the corners were the rubber tabs go up into the block and that's it. I do not have any RTV on the saddle portions for the front and rear seal areas.

www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1387503-351w-new-oil-pan-and-gasket-has-leak.html#post15493051

I had to bang out the pan and also grind the corner of the oil pump a tad then repaint the pan for the oil pump to fit..

In the end....I do not feel comfortable with the weakened area of that pan. In which the paint will flake and rust will start to form.

Back