I Know You've Been Waiting - Texas Convoy...

tliss

Massta Tom
Texas/Oklahoma/Southerm Kansas Convoy

All right my brothers and sisters!!! I am starting to think about our massive convoy for this year. We are probably going to take the same route we took last year (I-35/I-335) into Topeka and I think it is I-70 into KC. Still working out the details and timelines, but it's on!! I want to collect people all along the way, and hopefully we'll have some folks from southern Texas (Houston, Austin, San Antonio) and the other surrounding states (New Mexico, Colorado) joining this convoy to make it the biggest ever!

Here's a pic of Lightnings as far as the eye can see from last year:

599PICT0001.JPG
At one time we had 34 Lightnings and HDs in tow. We need more this year!

Keep it locked here...more details to follow!

Tom

Last edited:
Tom

Myself and two friend are going from New Orleans area of Louisiana not sure what route were going to take yet we will be towing all 3 truck on a Triple hauler so i will let you know if we decided to head that way right now i am looking at going up I-55 to St Louis and the I-70 West to KC

Bobby

This is still on my mind...just got a few other things on my mind right now. We will be heading out of Dallas Thursday, Sept 22, in the morning. Meeting place and timeframe all TBD. The route will likely be I-35, I-335, I-470, I-70 through Denton, OKC, Wichita and Topeka. If you are going to take this route and interested in joining up in the convoy, please post up.

More details to come.

Tom

FoMoCo2002 said:
Hi Tom

Do you mind if I bring my Harley and meet up with the group again this year?

FoMoCo2002 (Wichita Jim)

Please do! You are absolutely welcome to join us!!

Tom

Hello Tom,

Nan and I spent quite a bit of time in KC over the 4th weekend. The easiest way is to take I35 north (stay on I35 North at Emporia) to I470 loop around southern KC. Go East on I470 (toward St. Louis) and then East on I70, when I470 ends. Take the first exit (~1/2 mile) and go left (North) over I70 to the second left (the mall access street). Turn left (West) and the hotel is ~1/4 mile on the left.

This way cuts down the amount of toll road, and is the shortest route.:tu:

Wichita Jim: Bring a bunch of the Lightnings and HD trucks that are in your area.;)

Thanks and see you in KC!;g

...Dwight...

BigD said:
Hello Tom,

Nan and I spent quite a bit of time in KC over the 4th weekend. The easiest way is to take I35 north (stay on I35 North at Emporia) to I470 loop around southern KC. Go East on I470 (toward St. Louis) and then East on I70, when I470 ends. Take the first exit (~1/2 mile) and go left (North) over I70 to the second left (the mall access street). Turn left (West) and the hotel is ~1/4 mile on the left.

This way cuts down the amount of toll road, and is the shortest route.:tu:

Wichita Jim: Bring a bunch of the Lightnings and HD trucks that are in your area.;)

Thanks and see you in KC!;g

...Dwight...

Thanks Dwight! I still have yet to investigate the route, so this will work. I'll work out time frames as soon as I can.

See you in KC. Let me know if you need any other help.

Tom

Still working on this, but got my efforts focused on the TALON group pic this month. I'll focus on this soon, and provide a lot of the same details that I provided last year.

In the meantime, anybody else planning on taking this route and joining us? We are going to have quite a contingent from the DFW area, but we want to pick up more as we go through OK and Kansas. Who else? :? Post up and let me know...

Tom

gunman & mrs. gunman will be going, not sure when we are leaving though. hopefully we can make the convoy.

I think there is going to be to convoys leaving from dfw area... I know a few of us arlington guys are leaving probly mid day... not sure yet

gunman said:
gunman & mrs. gunman will be going, not sure when we are leaving though. hopefully we can make the convoy.

Gunman,

I hope you can make it. Do you still have my cell number from last year? If not let me know and I'll e-mail it to you (tliss@comcast.net).

Anyone else planning on joining us? It doesn't sound like we're going to see the activity along the highways like we did last year, which is pretty disappointing. Come on guys...there's got to be some of you coming from Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, etc. Post up!

Tom

Back