I Hate Losing!

Jacob_Ford

Built Ford Tough est.1987
As you Guys know I's a car Salesman (Chrysler) and I do have that "here hemi hemi" sticker on my back glass....

Well, I got called out by my buddy in his DEMO truck, It's a 2012 Ram 1500 crew 4x4 I knew they ran good but I still thought i'd have him. Now the 2012 Rams are rated @ 390 horses and 407 ft lbs.

Here's the break down....
first race- We go from a stop with a flagger (its about 40 degrees outside) I try to warm the tires a bit, and I launched hard, but I still was spinning through 3rd gear he holds about a fender length on me the whole race. (mind you even when I was spinning he only had me by about that much)

second race- 35mph punch, I started in 2nd gear and instantly jumped him a truck length, He closes the gap and we're just inching each other back and forth... We ran up to about 90 and he had me by about half a truck when I shut down.

So of course he was like take that sticker off now! and I just said something along the lines of congrats you barely beat a 16yr old truck w/ 200,xxx miles and 240 horses! lol I NEVER saw his taillights either time though it was a close run, I know I could take him through the 1/8th in better conditions (like me actually hooking up!) 1/4 would be close but I shouldnt have ran him when it was that cold anyway! next time I'll hook up and that back fuel tank wont be empty, and we'll see what happens then!

As you Guys know I's a car Salesman (Chrysler) and I do have that "here hemi hemi" sticker on my back glass....

Well, I got called out by my buddy in his DEMO truck, It's a 2012 Ram 1500 crew 4x4 I knew they ran good but I still thought i'd have him. Now the 2012 Rams are rated @ 390 horses and 407 ft lbs.

Here's the break down....
first race- We go from a stop with a flagger (its about 40 degrees outside) I try to warm the tires a bit, and I launched hard, but I still was spinning through 3rd gear he holds about a fender length on me the whole race. (mind you even when I was spinning he only had me by about that much)

second race- 35mph punch, I started in 2nd gear and instantly jumped him a truck length, He closes the gap and we're just inching each other back and forth... We ran up to about 90 and he had me by about half a truck when I shut down.

So of course he was like take that sticker off now! and I just said something along the lines of congrats you barely beat a 16yr old truck w/ 200,xxx miles and 240 horses! lol I NEVER saw his taillights either time though it was a close run, I know I could take him through the 1/8th in better conditions (like me actually hooking up!) 1/4 would be close but I shouldnt have ran him when it was that cold anyway! next time I'll hook up and that back fuel tank wont be empty, and we'll see what happens then!

you have a 16 year old truck, but he had a quad cab. You shouldn't be the one having an excuse. You just need more power.

Well if it was that close with a quad cab 4x4 imagine if he had grabbed a reg cab 2wd hemi...
You would have really lost.

I love my L but I have no illusions of it being a drag truck.
It will pull on alot of the newer trks from a dig (for a bit anyway) due to the 410's but in all honesty most of them will catch and pass you in a 1/4 mile.

Just get a nice blower on it and be done..
And as stated above, yeah most trucks will get us on the top end.. These trucks really shut down after 60mph

you have a 16 year old truck, but he had a quad cab. You shouldn't be the one having an excuse. You just need more power.

Oh I'm with you on that one, I have no illusions of my truck being fast at all.... For what it is I would say its quick.
The age crack was really just because of his "take the sticker off" comment I knew that it was gonna be close for sure.... Its def not a slap in the face though, those new Trucks have came a long way and they have a lot of power, there is no way I'd tie up with a reg cab R/T truck and expect to win!

Now I'll take one of those Daytona, Rumble Bee, GTX trucks anyday they dont worry me in the slightest.... 390 HP is hard to overcome

Don't take offense but what was the sticker price on that new piece of crap? It probably gets the same fuel mileage as your 16yr old truck does.

Back