I am the first to leave for LHTF?

QWK SVT

The Northern Light(ning)
I think I am!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, going down the following route:
Through MI, and stay somewhere south of Detroit???
Hit Indy for Sun/Mon
St. Louis on Tues
KC on Wed
Pull into the Holiday Inn, Thursday night
Have a blast at the event
Haul a$$ back to Toronto, Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday...

Can't hardly wait - See you all there!!!

That is one long haul.Do you know how many miles your going to have to drive? See you when i get to Topeka.

Bobby

And some guys are complaining about driving 16 hours! :rolleyes:

You sir, are my hero! Come visit us in the green tent by the rolling mansion! I'd like to shake your hand!

Tom

Well Qwk Svt I guess you're the inaugrural event for our Lfest to kick off all the festivities. Do you have a lighted torch to put in the pickup bed. Well I guess it would go out pretty quick as you will have that bolt flying down the highways I bet :bout: Have a safe trip down to my state and will look for you at Lfest. Oh and ditto on the kudos to making that long drive bud. There is something over the rainbow down here :nb: :nb: :nb: :tug:

tliss said:
And some guys are complaining about driving 16 hours! :rolleyes:

If he drove straight through, it would actually be about 16 hours. ;)

You must be doing some serious sight-seeing! We're making the Indy to Topeka leg in one day! Drive safely!

If you're checking email, let me know when you're in Indy. I can't promise anything since it's the night before our party, but if I'm free, I'll buy dinner!

Back home, safe and sound... :sfca:

The only way I could convince the g/f to come was to make a trip of it. Straight driving would be a little over 1,300 miles.

All said and done, I added a little over 3,000 miles to the truck. :3g: It was great to meet so many friendly faces ;w - Well worth every mile of it!

QWK SVT , good to hear to made it back home and hope the trip was a good one. I met you while we were in the staging lanes for the first round of eliminations. I was the red Gen2 behind you and
I didn't even recognize you till I saw the Ontario License plate. It was a pleasure to meet you and great info on Canada. I didn't see you in the second round, how did you do in the eliminations? I
was one race away from the semi's but redlighted on a SLOWER Gen 1. Talk about mad, well for a little while anyway,I cut a .047 light and that made my day.

Oh by the way can I borrow the Marauder for a while, I'll bring it back..............I promise :tu:

See ya;w

i met u on the side of the ride....your a really kind and caring guy... glad u had a safe trip home.

ozbolt99 said:
QWK SVT , good to hear to made it back home and hope the trip was a good one. I met you while we were in the staging lanes for the first round of eliminations. I was the red Gen2 behind you and
I didn't even recognize you till I saw the Ontario License plate. It was a pleasure to meet you and great info on Canada. I didn't see you in the second round, how did you do in the eliminations? I
was one race away from the semi's but redlighted on a SLOWER Gen 1. Talk about mad, well for a little while anyway,I cut a .047 light and that made my day.

Oh by the way can I borrow the Marauder for a while, I'll bring it back..............I promise :tu:

See ya;w

I spent the second round in the stands :rolleyes:

I broke out :hh: Let off the gas, but not quick enough, and ended up 13.158, to my dial in of 13.18... Never been very good a bracket racing - gotta :hail: to those that can do it.

As for the Marauder, if you come up this way, you're more than welcome to take it for a spin, and I'll buy you a beer, or two :sfca: :bd:

SstockJR said:
i met u on the side of the ride....your a really kind and caring guy... glad u had a safe trip home.

And you're back safe and sound, too. I felt so bad when I saw you on the side... I've never broken down *knock on wood* but know I would hope for the same. BTW, how far are you from Vancouver, BC? Work sends me there, from time to time...

Back