I am finally ready to buy........

SVT F15O

GOTF@#*%!BY TOMMY+I'D WIN
Stan, you probably dont remember but I posted up a WHILE back about my 01' Lightning with 33,000 miles riding very poorly.
I currently have FRPP front springs and Western rear 2" shackles.
Stock Bilsteins on all corners.
Also, what are my options if any if I want another inch or so of drop>???
Will I still be able to hook at the track>???

I am looking for something that can improve ride quality and handling if that is possible.
The truck is more of a striaght line performer with a built motor/KB/soon to have some spray, then in the twisties but I do get that urge to hit the turns every now and again.
Would also like to hit up a few twisty tracks one of these days as well.
I think you suggested front springs and QA1's last time around.

I am just looking for your opinion on what I should buy from you and all the needed hardware, components to go along with these parts to make them work.

I currently have a set of your rotors as well and from brother would like to know how much for a set of all four for his 01' as well.

Thanks in advance and let me know. -Mat-

Last edited:
I would not go any lower if you plan on dragging it.since then you will need to get the weight tranfered to the rear fast.And as you drop it it works almost the opposite way.As for what you need is different shocks.the qa's are adjustable so you can change the ride quality and help in the handling also plus when you drag you can adjust them for the traction of the track.
cost is 675.00 set of 4 and the heim kit is 55.00
as for rotors they are 400 for the set of 4 .Stan

What about front springs>???
I think last time we talked you suggested a set of front springs to give me "M3" ride/handling. I think you said that but I could be wrong. Thanks, -Mat-

Yes yu can go that way to.but the additional drop will be closer to .5 more that what the Frpp coils are.they are 135.00 for rates from 1000 to 1500.I would stay closer to the 1000 for the ride and handling.Stan

So $1265 for everything I asked about>???
I have no clue about spring rates so you tell me there. I am looking for a nice all around ride/handling/strip package.
What would the shipping charges be to 06516>??? Also what is the availabilty for all the stuff>??? Thanks again, -Mat-

That is the total for the parts shipping is 106.05.will ship in 3 to 4 boxes.I have all in stock.but plan on seeing it shipped till monday.Stan
If you plan on paypal use the Ruslow@yahoo.com addy.

Stan,
I should be PayPal'ing you today. Is there anything else I should get while I am purchasing now. Maybe a panhard bar or anything else>??? I don't want to buy un-needed parts but also don't want to miss out on something that will help me out. Thanks, -Mat-

If you are just dragging the truck the panhard bar will not help you.Now if you like to take turns fast then yes.Stan

I like to do some spirited driving at times and like I said, I would love to hit a track with turns in the future. So you tell me. Will it hurt my 1/4 mile times at all>??? Thanks, -Mat-

No it will not affect them either way.Just when you are turning will you notice any difference in how bar affects the handling[good way]Stan
cost for the bar is 255.00 and add 4.00 for the shipping[if you buy the rest of the stuff.]

Last edited:
Back