How-to remove duct tape residue, my dumb @$$

Haybale

total sarcasm>>>>
So I was headed home when it was raining and noticed my rear window was leaking, so when I got home I put duct tape over the gap to stop the water while it was still raining.

2 days later I pull the tape off and it left all that nasty adhesive behind.

I went to Home Depot to get some Goo-Gone, and asked the gal stocking shelves what works best for removing duct tape residue, and she handed me a can of '100% Natural' Pure Citrus Air Freshner. I was like really?!?! This sounds bogus, she said that's what she uses to pull off old price tags from the shelves and it doesn't hurt the paint!!!!

So I bought the air freshner with the idea it would not do crap, but hey it still smelled good, and grabbed a bottle of Goo-Gone.

Turns out the Goo-Gone didn't do crap.

In the video there is a strip that comes clean right away, that was because I tried a plastic scrapper to get the adhesive off first.

This is not a thread to fawk with you like my hood swapping spray detail thread thread, this is real, I even took a video, you can tell it's me by the mullet shadow!!!

before
SU1HMDAyMTEuanBn.jpg

during, it turns the residue to paste and wipes up nice and easy!!

after
SU1HMDAyMTIuanBn.jpg

granted the top of my cab is already oxidised and crappy I wasn't worried about hurting the paint.

goo gone always works

if not there's always 40 grit :flamed: :headscratch: :nono: :D

wow would of never thought that would work A+ to that chick!!! was she even remotely hot?? :heart:

Thats very good to know Haybale!!

You know what else works great? Orange Hand cleaner, as my father came running in the house to tell me one day..

Dad: "Hey I just cleaned up all the yellow paint off your bumper from when that taxi hit you"

Me: "O yea? What did you use, a good rubbing compound?"

Dad: "Nope even better.. This stuff took it right off (shows me Orange Hand Cleaner)"

Me running outside: "Yep you sure got all the yellow paint off the bumper.. Along with my clearcoat and most of my factory paint" :wallbash:

Back