How to prep?

Good brake pads #1.

I add a little negative camber before I go to the track, the inside bire is great on the track but sucks for tire milage.

Also purge your brake fluid, add all new. Doesn't really matter what kind, it will probably look like iced tea when you are done anyway. If it doesn't boil, then there isn't much since in paying for the really good stuff.

PLay with you tire pressure, do you know how to use chalk on the sidewalls?

Sloe Truk

any recommendations for pads? My truck has cross drilled and slotted rotors in front , and the records I have been through for it say ceramic pads. I have also wanted to flush the brake system as I figure it needs it.

I have run Ferodo DS2500s, SBS something cna't remember, and Hawk HPSs. Right now I'm prototyping Carbotech pads. I'm really digging them. They are putting race compound material on the L's plates. I'm currently running an R10 compound on the front and an R8 compound on the rear. They are pricey, but they last and they stop the truck too. If you want thier contact info PM since they are not a Supportig Vendor, yet. Stan has also ordered some but he will not have time to test them until July on his L.

Sloe Truk

I would also flush your powersteering fluid. Remove the floor mats and spare tire. I usually ram about 42lbs in the front and 40lbs in the rear.
Good luck.

mustgofaster said:
Chris... I'd try either Hawk brake pads, or raybestos brute stop. Where's the auto X?

Mineral Wells with the BMW club. $35 to race one time, then you have to join to be a member which is i think $45 a year and $25 an event after that.

Back