how to get more hp?

mtm94ramnasty

i have a 93 im looking to get some more hp out of it i have an exhaust and intake and im thinking about going with a chip but im not sure what one to get i want to get one thats like mild cause i dont want to have to worry about my tranny takn a **** if i decide to hot rod it. i understand jet makes a chip and so does hypertec. i was wonering which was betr or if i should go with something different. aloso would it even be worth it to get a throttle body spacer? what else kind of stuff can i do thats kind of cheap that will give me decent hp. what kind of 1/4 mile time can i get down to before i start doin tranny mods

Last edited:
Cheapest stuff is to set your timing to 14 BTDC, underdrive pulleys, maybe a cold air intake (mine came with one, don't know how much they cost) and maybe 1.7 Crane rockers (some say you may pick up 5-10 hp there, you can get them for $100 used).

Is it a Lightning? What do you mean you have an exhaust and intake??? What kind?

I wouldn't fool with a JET or whatever chip. The $200 could be better spent on other type tuning devices if you are planning on doing more mods.

i have a 93 im looking to get some more hp out of it i have an exhaust and intake and im thinking about going with a chip but im not sure what one to get i want to get one thats like mild cause i dont want to have to worry about my tranny takn a **** if i decide to hot rod it. i understand jet makes a chip and so does hypertec. i was wonering which was betr or if i should go with something different. aloso would it even be worth it to get a throttle body spacer? what else kind of stuff can i do thats kind of cheap that will give me decent hp. what kind of 1/4 mile time can i get down to before i start doin tranny mods

i bought a jet chip on this site used. love it!! it changed shift points, rev limit, advances the timming and so forth. i just bought a super charger and am going with a btm. so i wont be able to use this much longer.

your chip

i just bought a 95 with a k@n and bassani catback and i think thats all. i was thinking of a chip but i haven't heard that many good things on this site about them. i was wandering what kind of chip you are happy with and where you can get one.

Back