How did it go?

K

ken woodward

Ok guys, those of you that went to World Ford Challenge, How did it go, and who won the events in race, and show. I wish I could have been there this year, but work would'nt permit. To bad to cause the 94' has been extremely upgraded for show, and go this year. Tell us all the news! KEN

I didn't stick around after I red lite in the 3rd round, it started to pour!

------------------
Shane L.

lilzuessig03.jpg

best ET yet: 13.24 @ 103.46

Got beat by less than a tenth in round one and got the hell out of there. Still got home about 10:00 to Kansas City because of that storm. We had to stop in Concordia to let the stuff pass. Couldn't even see the end of the hood it was raining so hard!!! Did they even get to finish yesterday?

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620
'54 F100 (project since '88)

It went great, I had a blast even though I couldn't get around too much. At least I got to hang out with everyone at the motel and at Hooters
wink.gif

I left when it started raining fearing my 8 hour drive home in the rain and in my green mustang.

After waiting out the rain delay till after dark they finally ran Street Lightning. It was down to 6 of us. I redlighted my way to a .399 on the .400 tree.
redface.gif

Didnt stick around after that to see who won though. (It was already around 9pm)
Had a great time and i enjoyed meeting some of the guys i see here on the board. Cant wait till next year and i hope more of us can show up!(And maybe some better weather too,best run was a 13.25@103,a bit off)

Billy

------------------
NLOC #527
99 Red Lightning 13.58@102.0
94 Vorteched Lightning 12.86@105.88
90 LX 393ci 10.51@130.02 nat asp on 15" Nittos
93 LX 357ci 11.56@120.60 nat asp on 17" Nittos
http://www.geocities.com/wicked393cilx/SVT.html

[This message has been edited by CarolinaLightning (edited 05-22-2001).]

That was cool. We had a blast. It was great getting to meet some fellow L owners like Carolinalightning and LilZeus as well as other gearheads that were there. If my pics turn out pretty cool I"ll try to post some.

------------------
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019 FOR SALE <---click for pics

Trace......someone better call security!!!!!! We got a bunch of da*n kids drag racing and drinking beer!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I thought it was fun and don't plan on missing another one.

It was also great to finally meet people I have been talking to for a year or so: Trace, Christy, CarolinaLightning, MO351, Icepick, and Marcus. And anyone else I meet and can't remember right off of hand.

------------------
Shane L.

lilzuessig03.jpg

best ET yet: 13.24 @ 103.46

Hey dont forget those of us who didnt have our trucks (me, Litngford (bob E) and SVTlight (Corey S.))!

We stayed til Monday, man there was NO ONE left except us and Christy Monday morning.

Did anyone lose a beer cozy?????

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

I miss you guys already. Had a great time this weekend. It was great to hang out with y'all again. Guys, thanks for getting me back to the highway
smile.gif
Made it home in 10:56. Not bad for a 14 hour drive for sure.
smile.gif

Damn that .400 sportsman tree (huh Billy)
See y'all next year somewhere I am sure.
smile.gif

CA

svt girl what about the pony ride. you were so cute
smile.gif
see ya next year

------------------
fedc6642.jpg.thumb.jpg

Five0 DRW
1995 #63
Team Powerdyne
nloc #354
outtahere.gif

Hey guys and gals,
My first wfc was great. Definately will not be the last. My son also had a great time and I'm sure he'll return with me.
It was great meeting everybody.
Happy birthday Christy. You're quite the horse(pony) woman and good sport.
Congrats Dave P.
Unfortunately I had to get back home Sunday and didn't get to see the eliminations.
Is the ladder posted somewhere and also the results of the show??
Looking forward to next year already. Hopefully I will be prepared to hit the track myself.
Later,

------------------
Bill S.
94 red #3200
NLOC #407

Hey Chuck,

Did Ellsworth ever sell his truck? How's he doing? Haven't heard from him in awhile.

Maybe next year I'll make it...

Later,

------------------
- Kevin
Black '94 #907

Hi all,

Thanks bill, Nice to meet ya!

Kevin,

Bob E. was there! He was spotted milling around the Midway (like a kid in a candy store) buying up hotrod parts for his Gen 1 so needless to say he's going to keep it... Last time I saw him he was mumbling something about Brodax heads, Cam, Mike Wesley tuning, etc. ;-)

------------------
Dave P.
White 94
11.90 @ 113

Thanks
smile.gif
I guess y'all could say I raced a Lightning AND a Mustang this weekend
smile.gif

CA

It was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces. I had a great time hanging out and talking with everyone.

A special thanks to Ms. Vern for the chili, it was awesome.

John

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Icepick:

Kevin,

Bob E. was there! He was spotted milling around the Midway (like a kid in a candy store) buying up hotrod parts for his Gen 1 so needless to say he's going to keep it... Last time I saw him he was mumbling something about Brodax heads, Cam, Mike Wesley tuning, etc. ;-)

</font>

Cool! I will drop him a note and pester him a bit...
smile.gif

MAYBE next year I'll have my act together to run with (behind) y'all.

Later,

------------------
- Kevin
Black '94 #907

Back