Hotel visit information!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Nan and I visited with the event hotel contact person last Friday, 1 July. We had questions and wanted to ensure that our event stay would go smoothly, as in past years. The following is a list of the items discussed with the hotel contact person:
  • Just less than half of the current blocked rooms have been taken.
  • When the current block is filled, we will probably be able to get more rooms blocked.
  • Any reservations made after 2 September, will be at the standard room rates, and as available!
  • There is just the normal security available, and not a roving guard in the parking lot.
  • The event hotel parking area, will again, be blocked for our use only.
  • The hotel will accept and store deliveries for items shipped to event participants (as in past years).
  • Thursday night's pre-registration will be in the lobby entrance.
  • Tail-gating will be allowed, and the hotel was warned that some re-coating of the parking lot surface is possible.:D
  • Hooters is 2 minutes from the hotel.:eek:
  • The track is 8-10 minutes from the hotel.

The time to make your room reservations is NOW, so we may increase the block size if needed.
Remember, all reservations may be canceled up to the day of the stay, with no charges.

Update on the room situation. Talking to Judith Watkins, it seems that there are still a very few rooms left for Thursday night. Another group has a block of rooms for that night, and they may be freeing some up on 9-2. If so they will be transferred into our block! Our cutoff date has been extended until 9-15 to allow for this. Hope this helps everyone.

I am going to be cancelling my reservation this week, so there will be another room open then for Friday-Sunday.

You should be able to get 2 rooms at the Hilton Garden, or are you intentionally moving to another hotel for a better price or something??

A lot better pricing Nan, nothing personal. I just cannot afford 2 rooms at the Hilton for 3 nights, when I can go to the other hotel and pay the same price as I am paying at the Hilton for both rooms per night.

I will still be found lurking around the Hilton, so I wont be totally missed.

Called the Hilton tonight and they said they have absolutely no rooms. Can anyone help? We're from Ohio. What is close to that hotel?

Across I-70 from the Hilton is a fairly new HI Express and a brand new Comfort Suites. I'll check the add and phone and repost.

Alternative Hotels:

Both are across the street (within walking distance) of Hooters, Outback, IHOP, and are across I-70 from the host hotel (approx .5 mi) -

HI Express
19901 E Valley View Pkwy
816-795-8889

Comfort Suites
19751 E Valley View Pkwy
816-373-9880

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Waschevy....what nights were you trying to get rooms for? The only night that is/was tight is Thursday.

There MAY be more rooms available in our block on 9/2...so don't give up on the Hilton quite yet. Our block rates are now good through 9/15 (according to Judith Watkins).

Anyone who must go to another hotel...please remember to join everyone in the Hilton parking lot for evening "festivities"! It is "the spot" for tail gating!!!

Hey i got a ? do you know what type of Internet connection the have is it wireless and high-speed just looking to see what i need to bring with my laptop

Bobby

Blue Oval Forever said:
Cool but it need to know is it wireless or Ethernet

Bobby

Well, here's an idea. Just call them and ask. I did just now and Karen at the front desk told me it is a cable connection and the hotel supplies the cable just for asking at the front desk at check in for no charge.

So, there's your answer. It requires a "cable" and the hotel supplies it for the asking. :D :D :D

Scott

Hey Nan,

Any updates on the rooms being freed up today possibly??

Just called & they had a few rooms left for Thursday night , but they would not give me an LTF rate.

Just curious.
thanks
ce

Should know details on our room status before the afternoon is over. Will post as soon as I have something to tell!!!!

Just got off the phone with the hotel, and there are 10 rooms available for the 22-24 range. I think the 25th was still OK. Our block has been extended through the 15th.

Go for it Chris!!!

Nan

Nan
thanks for the extra effort . we were able to book our room last night after being told of no availability.
thank you .
Brian & Harriet

Back