Hotchkis Total Vehicle System Suspension

MikeColangelo

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading the suspension on my '03 Lightning. The truck is bone stock right now. I plan on autocrossing the truck more this year and I'm sick of the excessive body roll with the stock suspension.

Currently, I'm looking at the Hotchkis Total Vehicle System:
Hotchkis Sport Suspension - Total Vehicle System- Lightning / Std Cab :: Total Vehicle Systems ::

and as the truck has about 60K miles on the original shocks, I'll probably buy a set of the Hotchkis-tuned HPS-1000 Bilstein shocks.

Does anybody have any experience with this setup? Good, bad, ugly?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading the suspension on my '03 Lightning. The truck is bone stock right now. I plan on autocrossing the truck more this year and I'm sick of the excessive body roll with the stock suspension.

Currently, I'm looking at the Hotchkis Total Vehicle System:
Hotchkis Sport Suspension - Total Vehicle System- Lightning / Std Cab :: Total Vehicle Systems ::

and as the truck has about 60K miles on the original shocks, I'll probably buy a set of the Hotchkis-tuned HPS-1000 Bilstein shocks.

Does anybody have any experience with this setup? Good, bad, ugly?

Thanks in advance for any info!

That is a great setup! I started out with that, and it was pretty solid for me.

You'll hasve to forgive me, I have been out of my L for a few years, but there is a washer you need to get for the drivers side front control arm (it is slotted and this fills the slot to maintain your alignment) and the Napa cam bolts for your alignemnt, and you'll be a rockstar with that!

That is a great setup! I started out with that, and it was pretty solid for me.

You'll hasve to forgive me, I have been out of my L for a few years, but there is a washer you need to get for the drivers side front control arm (it is slotted and this fills the slot to maintain your alignment) and the Napa cam bolts for your alignemnt, and you'll be a rockstar with that!

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Seems like a well-engineered kit.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Seems like a well-engineered kit.

It is not bad. The spring rate are pretty good. I think they are increased to 800 lb/in (forgive it has been a few years ago) in the front and ~400 lb/in the rear. If that is too soft for you RUSlow makes custom would coil springs and there are other leaf option, but the TVS is a great starting (and for most) ending point.

I ended up putting a Ferrari into my Ford with all of the suspension and whatnots I did for road racing.

Back