Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

Hey Vern, We are planning to do the "Full Pull". As we get closer to the event, we will have to trade cell numbers. I think there will be a 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix running with us.

I know I'll do the first leg. Cocco to SGMSP. Might do the full ride just have to wait and see how things look.

IF I can get the old Stang running again and fixed up, I'm gonna drive it to Atlanta (actually Lawrenceville) to see my Mom and Sister for a couple of days, then hook up with the tour in Valdosta and run it to Indy, and then head back to Missouri. But, there's a couple of big IFs in there, so we'll see. I've got the hotel reservations, so I'm very serious about trying to make the trip.

Well it sounds like we will have a few trucks in the tour! How many will be starting out in Cocoa Beach for the run to Georgia? I may go to Daytona on Friday to go through the Nascar Museum and then on to Cocoa Beach. That will give us a Full day to watch everyone arrive and party a little bit before the run on Sunday. We plan to stop in at Don Garlits Museum on the way to Georgia.
Thanks, Vern, for the Bangshift web address. It is a good source of info.

This has always been on my 'bucket list' just not happening this year due to home improvements.

Congrats Fred on the Feb TOTM:eek:ldtu:- didn't get to comment there before it the thread was closed.

This has always been on my 'bucket list' just not happening this year due to home improvements.

Congrats Fred on the Feb TOTM:eek:ldtu:- didn't get to comment there before it the thread was closed.

Hey Steve, it was fun building that Gen 1 and it is a hoot to drive around town. Dennis and I will be doing the Hot Rod Power Tour and Dennis is bringing Go_rila out here at the end of March and I will keep it in my shop until he flies out in June. I am going to be running the 98 F150 that I built years ago. In March, we are going to Daytona to a big event and in June, we will stop off at Don Garlit's Museum on the way to Valdosta, Ga. We have room for another Lightning in our pack! lol

Well, My Brother Sixpipes and myself, have registered for the 2011 HRPT and we are in Cocoa Beach. This place is crawling with cars of all kinds, shapes and sizes. I would say that it is probably 85% Muscle Cars but that is OK. Tomorrow, we leave Cocoa Beach and Head toward Valdosta Georgia. We are planning a lunch stop at Don Gartlis Drag Race museum in Ocala, Fl. More later and I will try to post some pictures as well!

Back