Home safe from WFC

Copperhead

Keith Blackburn
Devin and I rolled into my driveway at 3am EST this morning safe & sound. The Harley (tow pig) performed perfectly and didn't skip a beat.

I had the absolute best time I've had at WFC in a long time. This was the first time out with my truck and it performed great as well. I made my first 10 sec pass with the wheels up. (10.68 @ 126) I almost died when I saw the pic at the Photo Magic booth.

I have a few issues I have to get lined out such as getting a taller set of slicks and getting use to the trans-brake, but once I get those two things addressed, I can step it up and should be able to dip in the 9's.

The socializing in the pits seems to get better every year, as well as the food. I want to thank Jeff, Cherrie, Ray, Ross, & Steve Colgan (and the misses) for all the delecious grub that was prepared. It was awesome.

The heat was a little unbearable on Sunday, but other than that it was great.

I broke out in the qtr. finals racing against the silver Gen II (Frank, the eventual Pro L champ). I ran a 10.77 on a 10.81 dial. I stood on the brakes, but not quite hard enough. I was on my way to a 10.40 pass, footbraking it with a 100 shot of spray. I ran 6.75 @ 102 in the 1/8th.

It's been a long time that I done any serious racing, so it's going to take me a little time to get use to some new things and also work on cutting a better light. Nothing that a little seat time won't fix though.

I would have loved to of had the chance to run Jerry in the finals, even though he would have killed me on the tree, but could've been good none the less.

Dave P.,......... Sorry about not getting a chance to talk to you before we left, but we had to get on the road. Keep that tranny in check and you'll be good to go. ;)

I was great seeing everyone again and meeting some others for the first time (Ed & Willy and a few others)

I'm sitting here at work trying to function, but it's a little hard to do on only 3 hrs of shut-eye, but this weekend was worth every wink of sleep I lost.

L-Fest is going to be a blast!

keith. did you leave your orange wheel chocks... if so i grabed them and threw them in my truck.:wave:

five0drw said:
keith. did you left your orange wheel chocks... if so i grabed them and threw them in my truck.:wave:

Yep,.....those were mine. I remembered about 150 miles into the trip that I had left them.

No biggie,.....as they are only 7-8 bucks for the pair. You can keep them if you want.

IMG_3339.JPG

Keith it was nice talking to ya. Thanks for answering all my ?'s about your monster. and to anyone that hasnt seen his truck in person.....
YOU need to. Imo one of the top two nicest pro Lightings built. Straight up good workmanship,great color, and simple. I love simple to the point type stuff and Cooper's truck is as simple as it gets. Plus the attention to deatil all the hole filled in (mirror holes,cowl,firewall) and the HUGE *** motor!! It's a show truck that performs..and perform it does!

Copperhead said:
I would have loved to of had the chance to run Jerry in the finals, even though he would have killed me on the tree, but could've been good none the less.

I bet you would have!!!!! OH incase you don't know he went RED -.004

I have some wheel up action I will post obnce i get them loaded up.

Copperhead said:
L-Fest is going to be a blast!

Yes it will be and I will have a race ready truck for SL.

Awesome! Sorry I missed it! Glad to see you made it home safe and congrats o the maiden voyage of your truck!

I am going to have to see if I can swing Lfest. I missed WFC for my sister's wedding, and I may miss Lfest for my sister-in-law's wedding. I'm not sure which weekend is her's.

Any suggestions on how to talk my way out of the wedding :D :bigtu:

Keith needed those mirrors he removed!!! ;) He HAMMERED the other truck on the tree and then drove through the traps about 6 carlengths ahead! :confused: :hh: ;)

Keith, a local guy has an identical set of the tires to the ones I bought that are brand new, he said he'll sell them cheap. I dont' know what cheap means, but I can find out for you if you want.

I made it home safe as well... :eek:ldtu:

No problem Keith... Give me ring after you go to your local track with the new gear and or tires... Oh ya, Don't forget to pull that water neck off and see what's going on in there...

TTYS,
Dave

Icepick said:
I made it home safe as well... :eek:ldtu:

No problem Keith... Give me ring after you go to your local track with the new gear and or tires... Oh ya, Don't forget to pull that water neck off and see what's going on in there...

TTYS,
Dave

Dave had fun hang with you to have dinner Sunday Night @ HOOTERS!!! :dp:

Glad to see you made it homeevent free. I drove all night till I couldnt take it anymore. I let Marsh take over for 100 or so miles Them I was back at it. Took use 11 hour's to get home. Also got right at 16.5 mpg running at 73mph.

See you all @ L-Fest.

Bobby

well its good to see everyone made it home safe from wfc. L-fest is coming fast lets all get to work on your trucks :clinkmugs

johnnynumber5 said:
well its good to see everyone made it home safe from wfc. L-fest is coming fast lets all get to work on your trucks :clinkmugs

I am I am. I will let you know about the other thing as soon as I hear back.

Blue Oval Forever said:
I am I am. I will let you know about the other thing as soon as I hear back.
i hear ya bro i got all my stuff at the machine shop gettin checked and fixed as we speak. all i need to get are a few small things yet and pushrods then it's coming apart.

I didnt get home until about 2:45am Sunday, I was beat! But what a great weekend of food, friends, sun, lack of sleep, a ton of walking and Lightnigns!

Back