Home of the Lightning---May 2004 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
By adding a cat-back, what part of the warranty is voided? Is it just for the factory cat-back? Could a dealer blame some other failure on the cat-back?

attn SVT: If still possible can we get a pic of the last Gen 2 Lightning coming down/off the assembly line?? maybe VIN as well? THANKS!~!

Does the stock L muffler have an internal crossover or is it just two pipes that do not connect?

Hey 5111
I don't know the answer to your muffler question.
As for the build #'s I'm almost sure we are going to build 3500 Lightnings for 2004. I'll double check.
Thanks SVT

Last Lightning

Hey HYVOLTAGE & TX SVT LIGHTNING
I haven't been in the plant much lately. There was a part shortage
on Lightning control arms which has extended the Lightning build by a month. I'll do everything I can to get the pics on the last Lightning.
Thanks SVT

Hey YT LYTNG
I unfortunately don't remember what the harness connection looked like in 2002. I don't have an answer to your question.

Sorry SVT

SVT
When did the 2004 MY begin with the Lightnings? I ask because it looks like mine was built sometime in September 2003, with a motor that was built in June. Is there any difference between early 2004 models as opposed to later 2004 models?

Thanks for all the great info and Pics.

Grey Bolt said:
SVT
When did the 2004 MY begin with the Lightnings? I ask because it looks like mine was built sometime in September 2003, with a motor that was built in June. Is there any difference between early 2004 models as opposed to later 2004 models?

Thanks for all the great info and Pics.

I am not Mr. SVT, but from all the reading I have done here and over at F150online I can tell you the 2004 are simple a carry over of the 2003 models. Everything is the same with the exception of the 2004 offers silver as an additional exterior color…

Agreed 99.9%, But where did Ford draw the front line for production numbers?
Also, I've seen (as I am sure you have as well) changes occur half-way through a model year with little or no mention, most often fixes rather than features. Wasn't the introduction of 8 thread heads halfway through the 2002 MY with no mention at all? On the other hand, why change something that is going to be obsolete very shortly? right?
Speaking of that silver, I haven't had a chance to take a good look at it, is it any different than the other years they offered silver?
BTW - thanks for the reply. It's because of folk like you that I have half a clue as to how to treat my L as well as troubleshoot. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nothing different for the silver as compared to the other years. You bring up a good point about possible changes mid-year. I am not sure when they started producing the 04’s.

However my truck is 4241 of 4270 and it was built on 6/25/03 (I bought it 2/2/04). So with only 29 left after mine I would imagine they finished up the 03’s in early to mid July of 03. Perhaps they started building the 04’s at the end of July or beginning of August 03.

That’s just speculation on my part as far as when they may have started building the 04’s

Heard the last one was finished monday or tuesday this week, was Black too.

TX SVT LIGHTNING said:
Heard the last one was finished monday or tuesday this week, was Black too.
I just called SVT Thursday and because of the part shortage they still have 400 more to build and should be done shortly. Hopefully I will have my build numbers by July...

Hey SVT, do yall hide the build sheets anywhere in the trucks when they leave out the factory door like the mustangs are hidden?

My friend got a tip from someone and found his 99 GT's build sheet under the rear seat of his car. I'd just liek to know if I may have mine, and if I dont would there be any way to get ahold of a copy of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back