Home of the Lightning---March 2004 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big D, Question, is the supension the same for a Lightning as a F150. I am going to buy a lowering kit but I see some for Lightnings and some for F150. I want to do a 2 front and a 3 or 4 for the rear

Test codes

Hey SVT thank for all the inside info! I have a question for you, I hope you haven't been asked before. I recently found out about the test codes that come up on the odometer. Some of these are easy to figure out: Eng = mph, tach = tachometer... Although there are some that I have no idea what they are.... such as the Oil one that doesn't move (I originally thought it was oil psi). So basically I was wondering if you have inside to what these codes are and what they mean???? Thanks again

Hey herc11;

If you give me a fax number I'll send you the diagnostics for your instrument cluster.

Later SVT

Big D I posted my question in the march section and it shows up where you deleted it last time whats with this? please move it where it belongs so I dont have to keep writing and you deleting

I have a problem with the tranny fuse I hope you can help with. My L is 2004 W/1050mi. perf mods psp predator w/street tune, 4# lower pulley, JlP ram air, Ftvb, magana flow catback.

I installed the exhaust and took L for a test drive I did a short burnout rolled out went about 100' went wot L started to slide so let up a little just before shift to 2. The L went into 3rd and hego light started flashing. I shut truck down and restarted engine then had ck engine soon lgt also. I limped home got on f150 forums and was advised to ck tranny fuse and o2 wiring underneath. the fuse was blown but all wiring was fine no rubbing, loose , pinched, or burnt wiring. ck'd codes with the predator and it said no abnormal codes for a tuned vehicle but when I started the engine it listed like 15 different things.after changing fuse everything worked fine I cleared the ck engine lgt with the predator. then I tried the burnout again I let off just b4 shift to 2 and fuse blew again. I replaced the fuse and everything is ok again.

Before I got on the forum I thought it was the ftvb but now I have no idea whats going on. could the engine be pulling burning gasses from the new muffler into the o2 sensors and shorting them. This all started right after I installed the exhaust it really stinks burning the new off. Again All wiring is good o2 sensors were not hit or damaged during the change. I also now see another guy had the same problem at the track I'd sure like to avoid this happening again as I was getting ready to race

It has to be with the exhaust install if it was working ok before then it's something you did, and I'm not banging on you it's just a simple fact. I've worked with electronics for a while and probably you had to reroute something due to the new exhaust. I'd try replacing the o2 sensor I know you think it's ok but sensors have a way of biting you in the ***. the other thing it might be is movement of the tranny or motor and pulling on a wire or plug and loosing ground or grounding it when it shouldn't be. I'd pull all the wires you took off to install the exhaust and and check the plugs for wires being pulled a little out of the socket. All I've said is just something to try and I'm not an expert but it's just simple troubleshooting just my 2 cents worth.

I have an L ordered. Could you give me any info, such as expected build date, about it if I provide you with the color and dealers name. That's about all I have to work with.

Info.

Hey sid297;
Call your dealer and ask him for the Serial Number.
Than I'll be able to give you all the info your looking for.

Later SVT

I'm not sure that they've been given a Vin # yet. If a serial # and vin # are the same thing. I'll call tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back