Home of the Lightning---June 2004 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I tell what # my L is?
Also, I have Fords extended war. How can I make my L faster with out voiding my war.?

Thanks

Block casting number needed

I need the engine block casting number for the early gen II and the later 03-04. Salvage yards only know blocks by the casting number. I need one asap.

Thanks,

Kevin

Does the 04 have an oil seperator or not?

I looked at my radiator shroud and the vac diagram shows and oil seperator on the PCV line. Was something added to prevent the oil from getting into the intake? I have visually inspected the engine bay and can not find one. Is it part of a new type of PCV setup or what, do you know where it is?
I will try and get a pic of it posted...

Last edited:
Hey Fletch;
I for whatever reason can't attach pictures to this forum. That is why I haven't posted any pics of the last Lightning.
I'll keep trying.

Hey Vipereater;
If you want I can look on my 99 L motor and give you a casting number but unfortunately I can't help you on a 04 casting number we have no L motors left in the plant cause we've stop building them.

Thanks SVT

svt said:
Hey Fletch;
I for whatever reason can't attach pictures to this forum. That is why I haven't posted any pics of the last Lightning.
I'll keep trying.

e-mail them to me and I'll post them.

Fletch

Re: Does the 04 have an oil seperator or not?

RhinoHD said:
I looked at my radiator shroud and the vac diagram shows and oil seperator on the PCV line. Was something added to prevent the oil from getting into the intake? I have visually inspected the engine bay and can not find one. Is it part of a new type of PCV setup or what, do you know where it is?
I will try and get a pic of it posted...

The 03's which is the very same as the 04's has the same diagram showing the oil seperator. I too can not tell if there is or is not one. It don't look like it...

Hey herc11;

If you give me a fax number I'll send you the diagnostics for your instrument cluster.

Later SVT

--- Pm'd you a good fax, thanks for the help

1999 Temp. sensor

I've got a 99 L. Ever since i bought the truck (used) i have wondered why i have a temp sensor that does not have a wiring harness attached to it. Where could i look for the harness. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back