Home of the Lightning---July 2004 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
99 L stock air temp sensor location

Where should it be in my 1999? IN the boot that goes to the throttle body? I have one in my air box but no harness is connected? A guy at RPM outlet said it might make the truck run rich? Thanks for your help:confused:

Belt slipping??

Hey, I have read most every forum there is regarding a chirping noise that the belt/s make first thing either in the morning or after a good rain. I have no mods done to my 2001 L and have gone through 2 belt changes after 36k miles. The latest belt is a Goodyear Gatorback, and after only 3000 miles on it, the chirp will come back. Any insight on this???

New pulley Question

:3g: So much for the 2001 Lightning Belt slipping problem......new question. I just recently traded it in for a Sonic Blue 2004. It was slightly used, 4k miles. I looked at the lower pulley in comparison to the lower pulley on my old 2001 L. They are surprisingly different in design and size. Crawled under the engine and noticed everything said motorcraft. So I know it's stock....supposedly? Did Ford SVT change the lower pulley from 2001 to 2004? I did observe the drivebelts to say motorcraft.
The motor sounds alot deeper and it does pick up and go faster than the 2001. I have only had it for two days so I haven't really investigated everything, but in process of doing so.
Why would the intercooler and radiator coolant be yellow instead of the usual green? Isn't that out of the ordinary?

here is a pic of my previous JDM caged 12lb, ASP cageless 10lb & Stock 8lb-
24064-530-6721.jpg

Re: New pulley Question

jmnodine said:

Why would the intercooler and radiator coolant be yellow instead of the usual green? Isn't that out of the ordinary?

It's supposed to be a premium blend. It explains it in a little more detail in the owner's manual.

99-00 intercooler identification

How do you tell if a 99-00 intercooler has been replaced with a good one. Mine has eight center ribs ten if you count the the sides

I think the pulley looked more like the 10 pounder there.....
Thank you for explaining the abnormal green antifreeze thing...
BTW, update on my Sonic Blue Lightning. Carmax backed out of the deal very quick when they found out they were going to have to dish out $4500 to fix it back to stock. I asked if they were going to replace the engine and tranney also and they quickly said no, so I quickly proceeded to get out of the deal, too. They gave me my money back and now I have all sorts of Lightning parts I can no longer use, and now badly need to sell. The biggest item I have is the Cervini spoiler, once painted silver almost 8mos. ago, now it is sonic blue and never has been on a truck. It needs to be buffed. The Wing was painted by the Ford dealership, and I still have the receipt, and am waiting for the warranty info to get to me through the mail. Please let me know if any of you need this particular part. All the parts will be posted in the parts section.

When did Ford stop putting in the behind the seat storage box? Also is it possible to get a copy of my build sheet? And are there records to show what repairs were done at the factory, like paint work for instance? Thanks. Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back