Home of the Lightning---February 2004 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: build #

buckstop515 said:
I purchased a 2004 L in Dec. I called the 800 # but they told me that they didn't have the build date or production #'s from ford yet. Is that right? My vin Is 2FTRF07344CA16805
They told me the same thing. They said that they would not know until 6-8 weeks after production FINISHED.

Hey Buckstop515 & 5111;

I'll search for the information your looking for. I'll send you back the information thru the private messages.

5111 you need to e-mail me your VIN #. Best way to do that is thru the private message route.

Later SVT

This is a AWESOME forum - I love looking through all the questions and responses. Here's something that you might be able to fill me in on:

I ordered my 2004 L back on 1/2/04. ETA of delivery date was 2/9/04 to the dealership (here in California, US). I received word a few days ago from the dealership that there have been some 'railcar' shortage/problems (maybe weather related?) at the Ontario plant, there is a backlog of over 1000 vehicles sitting outside the factory, and they are waiting for railcars to come in and pick them up. He said that they aren't able to run my VIN# and see whether or not my truck had been loaded up on a railcar yet since they understandably don't have time to look into that sort of thing up at the plant.

It kind of sucks because another L that was ordered on the same day as mine (and black, just like mine too) from the same dealership came in last Friday, 2/13, but mine hasn't yet arrived.

Is the railcar shortage true? And if so, is my brand new L sitting under 2 feet of snow outside the factory :cr: :eek: ?

Thanks for all the advice you give us & questions you answer for us! :hail:

Last edited:
Hey Killa B.
Can you e-mail me your VIN in the private messages and I'll tell you when we built it and shipped it. The railcar shortage has not been an issue. The only issue is the railcar union just went on strike Friday Feb.20/04.

Let me know SVT

svt said:
Hey Killa B.
Can you e-mail me your VIN in the private messages and I'll tell you when we built it and shipped it. The railcar shortage has not been an issue. The only issue is the railcar union just went on strike Friday Feb.20/04.

Let me know SVT

I just sent an email to you via the board. Thanks & :hail: !

SVT or Moderators, I just purchased an 2004 Lightning from a dealer in AZ. It had 67 miles on it. It has a sticker in the window that said this truck was randomly chosen for "testing" and "inspection" by SVT and when it left their facility it had 64 miles on it. What kind of tests do they do? Also, while putting in my DVD player, I found a brochure on second hand cigarette smoke under the carpet and padding on the passenger side? Where could this have come from? There were three screws in the right rear wheel well that were started by about 3 threads. They were sticking out an inch or so. If my truck was randomly chosen for "testing" and "inspection", why wasn't this found. It was very noticeable, If you walked past the truck, your clothes would snag on them. Where did the 2nd hand smoke brochure come from? all seems too strange to me.:confused:

Last edited:
Hey 2004SVT;
We don't have any such SVT team at our factory. That would probably be done somewhere in Dearborn.

Later SVT

I don’t think they do a real good inspection on these trucks. Mine came from the factory (I bought mine 2/2/04) with a paint run in the middle of the tailgate, from the top all the way to the bottom.

It was very noticeable after it had been washed at the dealers anyone looking at the tailgate would have seen it but yet it never got caught at the factory. Needless to say I was able to take it to a body shop to have it sanded and repainted under warranty…

It only has 450 miles on it right now, so hopefully that is the only flaw with it, if so I will be very happy… :tu:

Sonic Boom said:
I don’t think they do a real good inspection on these trucks. Mine came from the factory (I bought mine 2/2/04) with a paint run in the middle of the tailgate, from the top all the way to the bottom.

It was very noticeable after it had been washed at the dealers anyone looking at the tailgate would have seen it but yet it never got caught at the factory. Needless to say I was able to take it to a body shop to have it sanded and repainted under warranty…

It only has 450 miles on it right now, so hopefully that is the only flaw with it, if so I will be very happy… :tu:
Funny because mine (purchased 2/7/04) had paint bubbles right by the tailgate.

svt said:
Hey Killa B.

Let me know SVT

Hi SVT - I ended up grabbing a similar L (black 2004 w/ tonneau cover) from the same dealership this afternoon that hadn't been claimed yet, so no need to track the VIN# I sent you! Thanks anyways, & I LOVE my new truck! :hail:

Mr SVT,

Are the 5.4L engines for the Lightnings built at the same facility that the 5.4L for the F150's are built?

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back