Home of the Lightning---February 2004 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRickC

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
:) I found mine when I had to remove my bed for body work, truck only had 1600 miles and been in the rain once so it was still taped there on the cab, not all in one piece though.
24064-119-1379.jpg

Do the L's ship with wheel locks?

OK, Here's one for the factory. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anywhere else.

Do the L's ship with a set of wheel locks? Someone at my dealer told me they came with them, then when I got home they weren't in the glove box, then I call back and my salesguy tells me, no, they don't. So, I called SVT and they tell me "some of them do, some of them don't, if yours didn't have any then it didn't come with them." Worst answer I ever heard but it was truly what SVT told me.

So, is my dealer ripping off L buyers and keeping the wheel locks, or not? Not that it's a huge expense, but I'm sort of upset at the sale experience anyway, so I'd like to know.

Thanks!

I bought mine about the same time you did. My '02 came with locks. The dealer installed them and put the original lugs nuts in the bag that the locks came in and put them in the glove box.

James

Hey ILLINI-SVT
I can tell you for sure every SVT we ship leaves with a wheel lock package. We don't install the wheel locks we just place the plastic bag of wheel locks in the glove box. The dealer is responsible for installing them. I'm sure of this.

Later SVT

Hey Boy's. Re; Build sheet;
Most of you will not find a build sheet on the truck. Most build sheets are ripped off and thrown away after the truck reaches a certain point of the assembly line. If you absolutely want a copy of your build sheet I'll try to get you one. However note our archives only date back to the year 2002.

Later SVT

I just bought my 03 last Monday 2/2 and it came with the wheel locks in the glove box, along with the relays etc. I put them on myself.

Hey sid297;
We are going to stop building Lightnings the beginning of April. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your dealer question.

Later SVT

svt said:
Hey sid297;
We are going to stop building Lightnings the beginning of April. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your dealer question.
I guess that it is a good thing that I got one last weekend!

I'm guessing that that will be it until 2006 (late 2005), right?

#of white L's made in 99

I remember reading somewhere or sometime that there were 863 or 865-99 white lightnings made. I think I read it in Motor Trend or a magazine like that. Can you enlighten me on the subject???????

build #

I purchased a 2004 L in Dec. I called the 800 # but they told me that they didn't have the build date or production #'s from ford yet. Is that right? My vin Is 2FTRF07344CA16805

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back