Home of the Lightning---December 2003 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
svt said:
Hey guys;
In case any of you are interested we just recently built a 2004 Lightning for Bill Ford himself. The colour Sonic Blue!!
Later SVT
As long as Bill knows if he races or mods it the warranty will be voided :D

svt,

Thanks to you and your coworkers for building my Lightning. It's been trouble free and a great vehicle.

you guys rock!

SVT, anything done differently w/Bill's Lightning vs other regular production ones? (added options that are normally available)

svt said:
Hey Rich B.
What we do is roll-test all our f-150's. The roll-test machine looks just like a chassis dyno but instead of rollers only under the rear wheels there are rollers that spin the front wheels as well.Thanks Pat

So is it safe to say that it is impossible to get a Lightning with absolutely NO mileage on it since they are all roll tested? I've never noticed if there were any new ones with zero mileage, but it sounds like you wouldn't be able to find one.
Also, are there "SVT" qualified assemblers and then regular assemblers, or is it a situation where you may not be in one day and they can call on any tech to fill in for you? Thanks for your help and answers. :tu:

Hey Boys;
I'll try an answer some of your questions. To answer TX SVT Lightning's question, the were no extra options given to Billy Ford. The only thing that was done different on B.Ford's truck is it was inspected over and over again to insure everything was as perfect as can be. To answer COBRAYANKEE"S question we not only roll test the lightnings we also take them thru a sweak,rattle and road track to check for any unwanted noises. So, it would be almost impossible to have a Lightning leave the plant with 0 miles. The only way a Lightning can leave the plant with 0 miles is if a new cluster is installed after all the the tests. As for your other question about qualified assemblers on Lightnings, we do have extra assemblers on top of the regular assemblers to handle the Lightning build. The main difference in Lightnings as all of you already know, is the drivetrain. The extra assemblers work primarily on the drivetrain. Lastly, for GITIT03, I can take more pics if you'd like, give me some idea's as to what you'd like pictures of?
Later SVT

svt said:
we also take them thru a sweak,rattle and road track to check for any unwanted noises.

Explain the tailgate squeak on almost all our truck then :D

Just bustin your chops man.

But seriously that squeak kills me.

JLsilver02 said:
Explain the tailgate squeak on almost all our truck then :D

Just bustin your chops man.

But seriously that squeak kills me.
Adjust the striker where it will close tighter.

OF COURSE, Billy waited for his L until AFTER they fixed the spark plug thread count issue.

Maybe he'll toast second gear clutches in the tranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back