Holy crud my truck is back.

Good gawd y'all. My truck is back. Minus the Christmas tree worth of malfunction lights on my dash...

Not bad... 2 return trips and 3 weeks to do an intercooler recall, alignment and rear-end clutch replacement.

I love Bankston. They rock. Everyone should take their trucks there so they can get as f'd up as mine.

Logan,

That sounds like the goesinta has the gosarounda in the wrong place. Your chip probably caused it because that causes everthing or something:D:D:D

For the record............................

I still have not had any issues with the quality of work at Bankston, so they will continue to see my truck. However, I do have a few issues with the service manager and his attitude. From what I understand, there are a number of folks that feel the same way. Glad you're back in business Logan. 99s rock!

My biggest problem with them is the run around I was given. I was told my truck would be ready 9 different times. NINE!! ...and when it was finally ready, within 24 hours it had to go back.

They replaced a $360 pulley needlessly, replaced the wrong drive belt (Replaced my blower belt instead of the accesory belt). Different bother fixing the ABS sensor until I brought them a photograph of the damn light on.

I also spent $300 on an alignment, only to get it back in worse condition than when it went in. Let's see, oh, the lean condition was caused by a poor sealing gasket caused by a broken bolt that the tech "missed" the first time round (Yeah right, he didn't feel like drilling and tapping his f up, so he just didn't bother with it and hoped it wouldn't cause a problem) Niiiiiiiiiiiice...

..and they stunk up my interior with gear oil.

I don't ask for much. Honesty, respect and quality work.

Payton Wright Ford and John Eagle certainly outdo them in damn near every way. Bankston is riding on it's laurel's passed on by the gearheads here in DFW and it's certainly a reputation they don't deserve to have considering the way they treat their customers.

Not that it matters much. I could care less what other folks do, I can tell you though, my vehicles won't ever be back there.

Bastards. All of 'em.

Logan,

Please don't hold back, let us know exactly how you feel. You do not have to be PC on this board;)

I have to take one of my Ls in for the intercooler and windshield wiper recall, and do not know who to take it to or as sixpipes would say two or is that too or tu --- anyway, that is a real problem:p

Payton Wright did my first Intercooler, and did a great job. They were a little impersonal though.

John Eagle Lincoln/Mercury/Aston Matin has since done all my Ford work, with the exception of this latest debacle. John Eagle's folks are great to deal with in every way.

Logan: If you go to Payton-Wright, try going through Dean Skidmore. I used to work with him a few years ago, and maybe he can hook you up.

Back