Holley High Ram

gpz 750

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Anyone running a Holley High Ram?
Did it clear the firewall?
Looking at it and the air-water intercooler from Tick performance

I will be running a high ram base with shearer fab intercooler/upper but I have not put on truck yet to verify. I would think that it should fit. I know the tick intercooler with stock upper will sit higher than what I got.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So the stock manifold fits with the side entry. very nice
Does it look like there will be any issues with another 3.5 inches higher, thats what the intercooler is.
Can you take a pic by chance for reference.

No, the stock manifold will not fit the side entry.
I have a thread in the Turbo section. Theres photos in there

Ok, so I am not sure I am understanding.
So is that the holley side entry upper, or something custom?
Looking at the pics it looks like there is a ton of room. I know that might not be the case though.

Looking at the dimensions of the front entry with the tick intercooler it looks like it would work, but how much drama comes with the front entry?

Looking at pictures it appsars the shearer upper is bigger than the holley with tick intercooler. I cant confirm that though.

The Holley hi ram uses its own upper and lower intake manifold. You cant take a side or front upper intake and put it on a stock lower.
You will also need to use their low profile dual sync dist. Its the only one that will fit under the upper intake. Unless you go to COP.

I get that the holley is upper/lower. But there is the front entry and side entry. Would prefer the side entry. If it wont work with the air-water Intercooler then I dont need to bother. I will just do a super vic with elbow and run a air-water on the fender well. I just like the idea of getting rid the f some tubing

Currently run the fast dual sync with the xfi ecm, wonder what f the holley one is the same junk just lower profile?

I get that the holley is upper/lower. But there is the front entry and side entry. Would prefer the side entry. If it wont work with the air-water Intercooler then I dont need to bother. I will just do a super vic with elbow and run a air-water on the fender well. I just like the idea of getting rid the f some tubing

Currently run the fast dual sync with the xfi ecm, wonder what f the holley one is the same junk just lower profile?

I'm confused as well, I think it's a terminology thing (not sure what Brett means by "stock" lower). I thought Billy was running a High Ram with a Shearer cooler. Maybe he will chime in.

Brett, I think what hes asking is with the side feed upper, is there firewall/cowl clearance if you where to raise it straight up 3.5" because the shearer fab intercooler goes between the upper and lower like a big brick.

The tick performance cooler sandwichs between the holley lower and upper.
The shearer uses the holley lower and thier own upper with the cooler built into it.
From what I have found the shearer unit is front entry only.

But my main quaestion for anybody with the highram is, is there enough clearancet to add the tick intercooler which will raise the upper 3.25-3.5 inches.

Or if someone has any other option like the shearer setup that can be confirmed will work.

If you look in my threqd theres better pictures. But i dont think yourraising that up 3.5". Youll hit that pinch weld above it. That pinch weld is the issue
I can measure it next time im in the garage.

Last edited:
Could switch to a front entry.. this is what I will be running in near future. Shearer fab upper/intercooler. It's pretty low profile honestly.
bebad0879df5d4e2bdd03b62ac45012b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

That looks like a monster. Can you take a measurement from the back block mating surface to the top of the upper intake?

Back