Holley fuel pump sending unit

Any updates on this pump assembly?
Got the tank coated. I had to extend the pump mounting bracket something make it work. The pump works fine. To be honest you can make it work fairly easy in the 38gal rear tank but you need a welding machine and some stainless 1/8 plate. You can weld low grade SS with rods or wire made for carbon. If that's what you have on hand. I've been doing it for year. Sorry I didn't update sooner. Getting ready for Christmas has been eating up all of my time. You need these to adapt to the stock fuel lines.
8a58effb6aae3527b67282ec8c2342ba.jpg
621908f1c4b20510c8a94c3693c4c057.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Get the extra long adapters. They make some that are short and you won't be able to get the tool in to remove those.
e8ee256a2ad7aab53c968cd18527e75a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Get the extra long adapters. They make some that are short and you won't be able to get the tool in to remove those.
e8ee256a2ad7aab53c968cd18527e75a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I didn't even try to remove these after I installed them but thanks for the heads up. Anyone else may want to keep this in mind.

If ypu get one that's too short be careful with those lines they are super expensive. You have to cut it out or break the little spring thing. it's easy to break iv done it accidentally but the autoparts store has replacement springs cheap. Like $3 for 10.

Hopefully I'll never have a reason to pull them out. The next step would be replacing all the fuel lines with 1/2 hardline or -8 A/N hose but that's not in the foreseeable future.

^^^^^^^^That is exactly what I ended up doing with my project car. Probably a little much for a H/C/I 351W; but the 30 year old fuel lines were dust anyways.^^^^^^^^

Looks like they developed the one for the rear tank now. Might be for the front though.

4ff91f1747382c4113008544ce69ce4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think (not sure) they are both front tank pumps. One for a short bed front tank one for a long bed front tank.

I got hold of Holley Tech and both pumps shown (12-356 and 12-357) are for the saddle tanks only... nothing for the rear tank yet.... That's why they have a short and long wheel base option because the saddles are different size between the two... I really thought a great solution had shown up...

See above... Both are for the front tanks so far... But it sounds like with just a little work you could use one in the rear tank...

Got the tank coated. I had to extend the pump mounting bracket something make it work. The pump works fine. To be honest you can make it work fairly easy in the 38gal rear tank but you need a welding machine and some stainless 1/8 plate. You can weld low grade SS with rods or wire made for carbon. If that's what you have on hand. I've been doing it for year. Sorry I didn't update sooner. Getting ready for Christmas has been eating up all of my time. You need these to adapt to the stock fuel lines.
8a58effb6aae3527b67282ec8c2342ba.jpg
621908f1c4b20510c8a94c3693c4c057.jpg

What exactly did you have to do to the fuel pump assembly to make it fit in the stock rear tank?? And have you had a chance to run it yet to see how it works at lower fuel levels? I am planning out the rework of my fuel system (using rear tank only and running new lines) and this option really looks viable... Thanks!

What exactly did you have to do to the fuel pump assembly to make it fit in the stock rear tank?? And have you had a chance to run it yet to see how it works at lower fuel levels? I am planning out the rework of my fuel system (using rear tank only and running new lines) and this option really looks viable... Thanks!
Sorry I didn't take any pictures but I made it work in the 38gal F250 tank with little to no problem. You just have to extend it down a couple of inches. The sending unit doesn't start reading until half a tank which is still 19 gallons. It comes with a HydraMat that's about a 15 to 18 inches long it pretty much reaches front to back of the tank. Not sure how low you consider low but my low is 1/4 tank and I'm yet to have any problems. This is the pump I used. https://www.holley.com/products/fue...efi_fuel_pumps/efi_in-tank_pumps/parts/12-357 You'll have to make to bracket a couple of inches longer and extend the wires. It's honestly super easy to make work after you look at it. Now with the stock rear tank I have no idea what it would take to make it work.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures but I made it work in the 38gal F250 tank with little to no problem. You just have to extend it down a couple of inches. The sending unit doesn't start reading until half a tank which is still 19 gallons. It comes with a HydraMat that's about a 15 to 18 inches long it pretty much reaches front to back of the tank. Not sure how low you consider low but my low is 1/4 tank and I'm yet to have any problems. This is the pump I used. https://www.holley.com/products/fue...efi_fuel_pumps/efi_in-tank_pumps/parts/12-357 You'll have to make to bracket a couple of inches longer and extend the wires. It's honestly super easy to make work after you look at it. Now with the stock rear tank I have no idea what it would take to make it work.
Thanks for the info! I might go with the 38 gallon tank option because 10 to 12 mpg drains that rear tank quick!

Back