Hit the track..

RedVoodoo

I had to get it out of my system so I went to Woodburn Saturday for the test-n-tune session. I was a little concerned about running with the pulley and without the chip but what the heck, right? What's two pounds anyway? Ran a couple of 13.70's on a cold track with terrible 60' times (2.2's). Then a 13.6. then a couple of 13.5's ( one with a 1.99 60 foot !). Last run was the best.
r/t.....uh, nevermind
60'..........1.990
330'........5.643
1/8..........8.649
mph.........82.03
1000'.......11.263
1/4...........13.482 (new best!)
mph..........101.43
All of the runs had a 101 mph. Now I wait for the chip and try to scare up a K&N panel for the next time. I'm hoping it helps pull out another couple of tenths. Stay tuned as the elapsed times fall..

RedVoodoo,
I just sent my chip for a reburn because I got a 2# pulley and a ram air setup.. I have a stock K & N panel filter from my stock airbox if you need it.....
Still waiting to get to the track for the first time... Bremerton is opening next sat but I don't know if my chip will be back by then.
Good times on the track
JR
:tu:

JR-
Yeah.. I can use the filter alright. E-mail me and maybe we can make arrangements. I'm still waiting for the chip. It should leave New York some time this week. Then it'll be a trip to Silver-Bolt's for the plug in. I can't wait. What do you guys recommend for spark plugs if anything?

Yeah...uh it's here now. Thanks for the part # on the plugs. I'll try to pick those up tomorrow. Do I need to install them at the same time as the PSP or can I do one then the other?

In all fairness to the stock plugs, I have made a few runs without incident. However, I will point out that I did add some 106 octane, and I was not running a 2# pulley at the time.

I did have some detonation issues last year with the 'generic' SuperChip program, thus my wanting to use the 106 octane at Woodburn. Anyway, I was worried for a time about what the stock plugs were going to look like when replaced.

When Flash pulled the stockers out, they looked just fine. Anyway, the TR6's are in now, and I just don't worry about it so much. :)

Back