Hi!

pbkm4

Hey guys,
I am new to the site and wanted info on where I can go to get my lightning worked on. I heard that Naka'z in Waipio is pretty good. I needed suspension work (upper/lower control arms) on my 2000 SVT. Let me know if you have gone there before.

Thanks,
Pat

Hey guys,
I am new to the site and wanted info on where I can go to get my lightning worked on. I heard that Naka'z in Waipio is pretty good. I needed suspension work (upper/lower control arms) on my 2000 SVT. Let me know if you have gone there before.

Thanks,
Pat

Allan @ Nakaz is the best at working on our trucks--he's done the majority of my work on my L. Alan & Troy will did it right the first time.
Chuck

Hi!
If you can't or don't want do it yourself then have nakaz do it. Alan knows his stuff.

What kind of uppers & lowers are you going with?

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

Howzit Chuck! What's the latest? Your L still on Maui?

Chan

Last edited:
Wow, there's activity in HLOC.

Welcome to HLOC, Pat.

Hardly any activity here since the track closed down and some of us (including myself) started to have a family and the regular cab doesnt cut it for a family of 5.

Anyways, Naka'z is the place to go for our Lightnings and other Ford vehicles. Allen used to be a technician for Honolulu Ford so he knows his stuff.

-John

Hi!
If you can't or don't want do it yourself then have nakaz do it. Alan knows his stuff.

What kind of uppers & lowers are you going with?

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

Howzit Chuck! What's the latest? Your L still on Maui?

Chan

Hey Chan & John---it's been awhile, but I did race last month in Maui--truck is still doing good--I decided to keep the truck in the 10.90 area to keep my costs down but still have fun--she did run a 10.81 on a 10.80 dial. Going back in Nov w/ new slicks & skinnies
Chan-- Do you still have 2 Ls?
Take care you guys and stay safe---:)

Hey Chan & John---it's been awhile, but I did race last month in Maui--truck is still doing good--I decided to keep the truck in the 10.90 area to keep my costs down but still have fun--she did run a 10.81 on a 10.80 dial. Going back in Nov w/ new slicks & skinnies
Chan-- Do you still have 2 Ls?
Take care you guys and stay safe---:)

Nice #'s Chuck! If the Super Ferri were still around I would be on the boat to Maui too.

I'm back down to one gen2. After talking to you and tearing into the motor of Tad's L I found it was seized up solid with rust in the cylinders and not looking good. I ended up salvaging some of the internals and having MHP in SoCal build a long block for me with your old JDM heads & cams which were still good, but I had them checked out for good measure anyway.

After that I pulled the stock LB & blower out of my truck and swapped it out to the black truck, returned it to stock and sold it to a friend of mine who was looking for a black L at the time.

Then the progression began on my truck. Here's a couple pics of how it sits now...

Back