Hey ya'll!! Watch this!!

Margi - LOL! I had in the long post that the ether ate that I'm such a caveman, "Thog not hurt, Thog go chase down wild boar now.". I don't accept my own limitations sometimes.

So, did you guys notice my new avatar? :D

Ok, here’s the medical jargonese for what I’ve managed to do (and the Doc said, “Are you up and moving around?” I said, “Yessir.” He said, “That’s probably not the best idea. It’s bad….”)

- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) completely loose from tibia
- Loose bone fragments
- Lateral and medial meniscal tears
- Fracture of the posterior tibial plateau
- Fracture of the fibular head

I see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

Good grief, Jeff. You've really gone and done it this time.

A very good friend of mine tore her ACL as well. Had surgery to remove it (I guess it was beyond repair) and she's doing great these days.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated.

Jeff you just made my jaw drop....you have one *%cked up knee...owwwwweeeeeeeee, well I guess if you are gonna do it you might as well do it good huh?? So you go see the orthopod and then I am guessing you will be sch surgery huh? So are you getting around ok on your crutches?? Are you still able to work?
Yeah, here is the motherly one asking all of the questions again. Btw the previous post was perfect for those of us "medical people" to get the full picture...thanks. Keep us updated and remember it is not safe to mix you pain pills with booze...but anyone around you may get a good kick out of it if you do!!;p
Hang in there!!

FMOS Racing said:
Ok, here’s the medical jargonese for what I’ve managed to do (and the Doc said, “Are you up and moving around?” I said, “Yessir.” He said, “That’s probably not the best idea. It’s bad….”)

- Loose bone fragments

OUCH!!!!! :eek: :eek:

:(

Elbow is sore, but it never swelled or turned colors so I'm writing it off as a deep bruise. It only hurts if I poke it. ("Doc, it hurts when I do this... " "Well don't do that!")

Thankfully, I do have some degree of disability coverage at work, so I won't be selling the Lightnings for bread and cheese any time soon.

I'm getting around "OK" on the crutches. They kind of suck. The only thing that really bothers me is that I can't carry anything. I'm at work, but I can feel my foot swell while I’m here from the fluid. My calf and ankle look like they’re about twice normal size. Thankfully the knee itself hasn’t swollen back up really badly. It’s still oversized, but nothing like it was Tuesday morning.

I haven’t had anything alcoholic since Saturday night (poor me). I can’t even blame the accident on beer! I haven’t taken any of the pain meds yet (Doc was surprised at that), just the anti-inflammatories. I could cover my expenses selling on the street. ;)

My goal is to see the Ortho doc tomorrow and schedule the surgery for Tuesday (when he has office hours in my neck of the woods) if possible. I’ll let you guys know what he says tomorrow.

I’ll be honest, I’m kind of bummed at the amount of damage. I was trying to keep a positive spin on everything, but knowing that I’ll most likely pay for that moment of indiscretion the rest of my life is a big downer. In the greater scheme of things there are a lot of people who deal with a lot worse, though.

Ouch!

Please stay off of it as much as you can and don't put any weight on it. We can hot rod a wheelchair for ya! Better not let me build it though, it might throw a rod out the side... lol

:3g:

MAN!. I didn't know you had a accident. Sorry to hear that.
But I hope you have a full recovery.

BUT, if you ever get to feeling like selling the Big Block, give me a call.;)

Til next time,
Justin

airtroop01 said:
Ouch!

Please stay off of it as much as you can and don't put any weight on it. We can hot rod a wheelchair for ya! Better not let me build it though, it might throw a rod out the side... lol

Yeah Phil, Leave It To Me. He Will Not Throw A Rod !!

Jeff I am going to keep optimistic thoughts and predict that you will recover better than new :)

Take care buddy.....

airtroop01 said:
Ouch!

Yeah Phil, Leave It To Me. He Will Not Throw A Rod !!

TIB/FIB + Patella FX. and ACL loose, Oh geez Jeff that is terribly bad, major trauma. I would of been crying for Mama!
When you told me about the knee pop, I had a suspicion it was FUBAR.
But the Docs findings is a step worst than fubar if that is possible.
You are flat layed up period. Get your surgery ASAP and then follow the DOC's orders to a Tee then get better. I worry that there wont be long lasting effects, damned scooters.

Steve

Last edited:
FMOS Racing said:

- Loose bone fragments

Jeff, that is exactly what I did to my knee, minus the ACL.

Not good. Good luck to you. Hopefully they scope it.....

Like I said earlier...KEEP OFF OF IT!!!!!

Jeff,

Did about the same thing to mine in 88. Thanks to a GREAT Doc and a lot of hard work in therapy I was back climbing poles in 6 months. Please stay off of it until they say it's OK for therapy and then give it he!!

Good luck man, Steve

Jeff,

Did about the same thing to mine in 88. Thanks to a GREAT Doc and a lot of hard work in therapy I was back climbing poles in 6 months. Please stay off of it until they say it's OK for therapy and then give it he!!

Good luck man, Steve

sorry for the dup.

Last edited:
eek5.gif

Really sorry to hear about your spill Jeff.
At the age of 14, I broke my left fibula while playing soccer. I was stubborn and was back playing again in a couple of months. Again at age 16, I fractured my right tibia or shin-bone on the soccer field. Surgery save my walking abilities, albeit the doctor said, that I will limp forever. Thank God he was wrong. I now have two plates on on both my legs forever. Some metal detectors can pick them up, some don't.

Keep your positive attitude towards it.;)

Back