Hey folks Im back from Deployment!

CHICO78

Hey guys,

Nice to see a few of the old guys are still on the forum. Its nice to be back in hawaii. The lightning has been in the garage for the last year. Did so much work to it but never had a chance to race it yet. Ive been online searching for information on any progress on a racetrack on Ohau...no luck. I here the Ferry got shut down...not cool. Chuck hows your truck running are you keeping yours on maui or kauai now? I think Im going to do some minor upgrades and figure a way to ship the lightning to either Big island or maui and just keep the truck out there. Its been about 6years since I last raced...well I had 2002 turbo 911 to keep me busy before I left on deployment and sold her before I left. I think its time to play with the Lightning I will be on shore duty for the next 3 years here...:eek:ldtu: Hope to here from you all.

It's been awhile since I've raced---truck's been down here for some changes. Finally ship her back to Maui this past weekend--will probably try her out in Aug. as I'll be busy w/ work & family next couple of months. I'm hoping she'll run OK, but I have my doubts. There comes a point where the stock ECU won't handle the mods / power level, and unfortunately I'm there--I've changed my ECU twice, but I really need a stand alone system, but no $$$$$, so I'm saving up.
Good to hear that there are a handful of us still left. Sorry to see John sell his, but family comes first. Take care everyone. Good luck to you Chico in trying to race again.

Hey Chuck,
Yes I did. It still needs some work but I can't wait to get it going. Since it has your old motor if you have any input I would gladly listen. I'm just a little concerned about the cams streetability since they are pretty aggressive....
Should be a beast!

Chan

Congrats Dash----PM sent.
In August, after more than a year, I finally got to run my truck up in Maui again--no major issues & she's still running in the 10's. Heading back to Maui in Nov. :eek:ldtu:

Back