Hey all.

Duende

Just thought I'd toss out a hello. I'm from Oregon, although I've been away with the Army for the past five years.

Moved around Oregon alot as my father was a police officer. Junction City, Dallas, Gresham and Portland, then Toledo and Waldport on the coast.

I'll be moving back in about a month and staying for...well, I'm not sure yet. But a couple months at least before I head to school or find a job. My family is living in Dallas now.

Anyway, I'd like to get together with some of ya, if you guys have anything planned. I'll be arriving there with some cash in my pocket, so I'm planning on a KB or Magnum (maybe a Whipple), and all the usual mods. So if anyone can recommend a good (or great) dyno shop I'd appreciate it. I'm going to have some body work I need done - roll pan, side steps, new hood...as well as installing some parts like I mentioned before... So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

And if some of you have the skills to install those parts yourselves... Well, I'll buy the beer, or pay whatever you think is fair.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys. Take it easy!

EDIT: I am also looking for a '40 or early '50 Ford pickup truck, if anyone knows of one in the state that is in decent condition (I plan on doing a full restoration/modification on it) and is for sale.

I'll beat Ron to the punch, Krazy Koncepts in Gresham. They seem to be able to do just about anything blower/turbo related, and are also a Diablo dealer/tuner. Much better option than mail order tuning. I believe they do their dyno time at Horsepowerfreaks out by the airport.

Ron will correct me if I'm wrong.

Not anymore, many of us sold our Lightnings and moved on to other project vehicles. I think the WashLO group is a lot more active, or used to be anyway.

Yeah PALO sucks all the guys bought the scooby snacks at least for now until they can beat me thats what they are just a snack! HA! HA! HA! I would highly recommend paul at krazy Koncepts he is the top DAWg get it BODAWG in the Northwest his number is 503-674-0853 tell Ron told you to call and he will hook you up with a better deal than just off the street! krazykoncepts.com check out there web site for further info!

Well come get it I have been waiting for one of you former L owners to step to the plate and show me that those things can do more than go around a corner! I am never going to live down the marshmallow thing am I !!!! You know If my Big A$$ could fit in one and they werent so damn ugly I probably would have one as well but I cant get past that Gay *** wing thing!!! And you know how I hate anything that is Gay!!!

Any good places for paint/bodywork? I'm thinking a nice custom paintjob, and while Krazy Kustoms looks popular and very professional, their gallery of vehicles online just isn't very impressive to me.

Duende - Jerry's Customs in Gresham does good work, good people too. Never had anything custom painted there (just repair work).

Ron - you know, after a while, you don't even notice the wing anymore :D As far as the car being ugly, that doesn't go away. . . ever :( Mine will be even more ugly soon enough, gold wheels on the way ;)

No way to make the ugly go away. You may have to get used to the wing. You will have plenty of time to check it out while I am ahead of you.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to check out Krazy Kustoms when I'm actually in the area. I'm sure they do good work, it's just looking at pictures on a laptop... Well, nothing looks impressive. Hah.

Any of you guys drive a red L in Dallas? My parents mentioned they saw one the other day, and my Dad talked to the guy, and apparently both father and son own L's. Was wondering if that was anyone on here.

All I will have to tell you Ugly Scooby snacks is this the say Ii see that wing from my windshield will be the day I take it to KK and have a built motor put in it because I couldnt stand the fact that I got spanked by that ugly A$$ Jap rice WHOA I need to relax I just got real worked up!!!HA!HA!HA!

Bill, is the AVO600 still available? I think buying new pistons would be worth it just to get Ron to put a built motor in the marshmallow.

Then again, we could just wait for a wet day and take care of it with our stock motors ;)

Yeah you all got me there no traction in the rain hell no traction when it is dry you both would hand me my A$$ on the street that is for sure! It will still go up at smoke at WOT at 40 MPH! SO I am all talk unless we are at the track! Both of you just wait till next summer the 32 Ford High boy with the 03 Cobra motor will be comming at you! So I will have a answer for you Scooby Boys then!!!

'32 Ford High Boy. . . seriously?!!! That is awesome! Are you going to build it up yourself, or have a shop do it? I wanna' help :D

I will be doing it myself we are buying the car and I am tearing all the way down buiding a new set of S.S. frame rails have them polished to a mirror finish, Rework the interior, and put in a 03 cobra motor. I will have paul at KK put a DFI in it and we are done sounds easy huh!

Crap, I just realized I was looking at the wrong place... Krazy Koncepts looks great.

Thanks for the heads-up - I was on the wrong ****ing site. Hah. They look like they do good work. Just emailed 'em.

Back