hey all, nother new owner here

offshore

Just found the site after a few google searches for lightning forums. Just bought a 93 Lightning that I'm pretty excited about. I have always been a big pre 96 Ford truck fan and have owned dozens, most of which were Broncos something about the 92-96 aero nose i just love since the first time i saw it. I have always kinda kept my eyes out for a gen one lightning and recently had one drop in my lap out of nowhere. Friend of one of my customers had it at his auto shop and just wanted to get rid of it. Story was he had done a bunch of work for the owner several years ago but got stiffed on the mounting bills before it was completed and he had to do a proper lean on the title and took ownership. Dont have much history on it other then it sat for a while before he started working on it and as far as they got was new fuel tanks/pumps/regulator and getting fuel system cleaned up and working. After that they got it running but has issues, engine has sixty something thousand miles and runs/sounds ok but will not take any throttle and is difficult to start like its starving for fuel. Truck has had some sort of OEM style speed density to MAF conversion done at some point in it life as well as a Basani exhaust and there is a receipt in the glove box for a 4.10 gear set an billet diff cover. Engine FI system needs some sorting but im confident it just a matter of chasing out some gremlins in the MAF install that was done.

Its had a crappy graphic treatment done from the belt line down but all in all the body is in very good shape with a total of maybe eight square inches of rust that needs attention. Floors/rockers/cab are extremely nice with just some surface rust, rockers and mounts are near perfect. The bed has had a fiberglass cover and bedliner since new and the first thing i did was pull the liner to reveal a near perfect bed with zero rust or dents but does have a bunch of silicone tracks where the but the liners down.

rear bumper is missing so i am looking for one of those if anyone knows of any.
I have to be honest i really wanted a ratted out "doner" lightning to do a Lightning Bronco conversion but this truck turned out to be far to nice to take apart. Current thoughts of mine are get it running proper and maybe toss some paint on it and have some fun (i own a custom paint shop and have thirty five years building show quality restos and rods) other option as silly as it sounds is trade it off for cash and another complete but to far rusted gen one. At any rate these things are great trucks and looking forward to having some fun with it.

Attachments

• 26553.jpg
    26553.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 26542.jpg
    26542.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
couple more pics

- - - Updated - - -

bed

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_102004.jpg
    IMG_20210322_102004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210322_101957.jpg
    IMG_20210322_101957.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210322_103639.jpg
    IMG_20210322_103639.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210322_103644.jpg
    IMG_20210322_103644.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
Welcome! And thank you for saving it! You're right you've got a good platform to restore. After a quick look I see a Motorsport mass air conversion with (I think) the 30lb injectors that it came with.

Welcome! And thank you for saving it! You're right you've got a good platform to restore. After a quick look I see a Motorsport mass air conversion with (I think) the 30lb injectors that it came with.

thanks guys, i am super excited about getting it running proper. Im pretty new to the speed density to maf conversion but have built several other FI systems and am pretty familiar with most of it i have been keeping my vintage Broncos happy and running for years now. I had only just recently heard of the factory kit as all of my previous trucks were strictly OEM. Few of the BKO fleet

Attachments

• IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
Hey guys quick question concerning the first gen lightnings. I am starting the process of rounding up parts to go through basically the entire chassis. Brakes, lines, bushings, shocks, the works. I know that there a lot of unique items to the Lightnings what about things like disks/calipers, rear drums? although as cheap as the kit is i may just do rear disk conversion. Where can i get Lightning specific front end rebuild stuff like sway bar links/suspension bushings and shocks? Is there a list anywhere that lists that SVO did as far as upgrades from standard F150 stuff? thanks all . ..

Hey guys quick question concerning the first gen lightnings. I am starting the process of rounding up parts to go through basically the entire chassis. Brakes, lines, bushings, shocks, the works. I know that there a lot of unique items to the Lightnings what about things like disks/calipers, rear drums? although as cheap as the kit is i may just do rear disk conversion. Where can i get Lightning specific front end rebuild stuff like sway bar links/suspension bushings and shocks? Is there a list anywhere that lists that SVO did as far as upgrades from standard F150 stuff? thanks all . ..

This will help you find parts using original part numbers https://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php/213142-Finding-Replacement-Parts

consider replacing the rubber suspension bushings with energy suspension black urethane. they last longer and handle better. they may ride a little firmer but i'm very satisfied with them.

consider replacing the rubber suspension bushings with energy suspension black urethane. they last longer and handle better. they may ride a little firmer but i'm very satisfied with them.

You wouldn't happen to have a list of those parts handy? Would ya?!

great info guys and thanks for the link that is going to be super handy.

also very much considering a rear disk conversion and a drop beam lowering kit if i can find one in stock. The black urathane bushings were also on my list of goodies to get.

is the lowering kit for a standard F150 the same as a Lightning?

Last edited:
great info guys and thanks for the link that is going to be super handy.

also very much considering a rear disk conversion and a drop beam lowering kit if i can find one in stock. The black urathane bushings were also on my list of goodies to get.

is the lowering kit for a standard F150 the same as a Lightning?

You’ll want the 3/4 kit not the 3/5 and yes they’re the same. You’ll be lower the a normal f150 with the same drop since it’s already I believe 1/2 lower stock. No advice on the rear disc kit but I do plan on one eventually

Back