here in germany

romad10

Got my new lightning yesterday.. ive got about 800 miles on it now (it showed up with 300) and had to drive back from the north sea.. i had it up to 151mph last nite :).... autobahns ROCK!!!.. btw, i was using a garmin Etrex VISTA to get the speed (its a GPS)... its a 2003 :)

COOOOOL...

Where are you assigned? I bet that was a blast rolling down the baun in that guy!

How are the Germans looking at you as your roll by that fast in that beast?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Have one for me! :bd: :tug:

i am assigned just north of frankfurt. i had a german guy that i smoked (he was driving a E270 mercedes station wagon, btw, its a very fast station wagon) ask me "what the hell is that and where did it come from" in german :)... so i replied in german that its a truck and it came from America..

I know some of those Benz wagons will smoke over there, especially out in the open air of the baun... :D :D :D

I spent 6 years down at Landstuhl. That's just "across the street" from Ramstien AFB and about 10 - 15 kms from Kaiserslautern.

I'd love to run up and down the baun in my truck! I am absolutely jealous! Enjoy the tour!!! :sfus: :tu:

yea, i know where that is.. ive been here for 7 years now :(... i am off to iraq in 8 days, so it will have to go to storage till i get back :(.. boy am i gonna miss it :(

So you're going to the sand box and then back to the FRG (is it still the FRG or is it just "Germany" now? I haven't been there since before the wall came down....

How long do you expect to be in Iraq? You can shoot me a PM at medicisdad@yahoo.com if you need anything over there. I've got some guys in the 101st ABN that I send stuff to...

Good luck, and thank you for your service and sacrifice... :sfus: :sfus: :sfus:

thx man.. i appreciate it. its just GERMANY now.. it sucks now that the wall is down. NOTHING to do. i am not sure how long in iraq. 3-4-5-6 months.

Yeah, I'm sure it's boring as crap now, but I always figured that the guys in Fulda finally got a nights sleep after that. We were about 1 tank deep in the gap for years. It would have been a blood bath if Ivan had come through in massed columns...

At any rate, good luck to you and keep in touch. We'll be thinking of you...

Back