Help on injector size

driven to build

New setup to come...Again
I am putting in a PTS setup into my truck and need to upgrade from the stockers. From what I was told 60#ers are only good up to 700hp on the high end so I'm thinking about going to 75's is there anything that I should be aware of on the 75's? From what I understand my tuner will have to reduce injector pulse width for getting a good idle on the 75's

Also are the 255 pumps ample for this set up? And is a fuel rail upgrade a necessity?

Sorry for the more than likely basic questions many more to follow I'm sure.

Driven

How much power? The 255s will be fine, the stock rails become suspect at that power level.

I made what I did on the 55s, definitely needed upgraded though.

I would consider the 75s in your case. A good tuner should have no problem tuning them. The 60s would be a more popular choice.

We're going to try to make about 800 on some 60s (not constantly though).

The 75's are not much more money so will it hurt in daily driving to have them? I would think as far as power goes I should be in the 7-750 range but I'm not sure. But I do know I will be disappointed if I'm not at least there. Where can I get fuel rails for our trucks at a good price?

Driven

60# injectors are good to about 800 hp at 80% duty cycle. You can, of course, push them beyond that for short periods (like drag racing). Continued use (like road racing) would overheat the injectors.

FWIW, I made 532 rwhp on 36# injectors in the SB truck, though they're obviously static at that power level. I have a set of 60s ready to go in with the new fuel system, hope to make about 800 hp at the crank.

I plan to run the 60s on my truck when its finished in a few weeks. I had some other options but I Was worried about the tuning of any of the more "uncommon" sizes.

mhays26 said:
I plan to run the 60s on my truck when its finished in a few weeks. I had some other options but I Was worried about the tuning of any of the more "uncommon" sizes.

I have the same fear of the tuning but Mark at LFP told me the 60's are only good til 700hp and that worries me about lean out conditions later. I want to order my injectors but I'm still undecided.

Any more comments/expierences would be helpful.

Driven

driven to build said:
I have the same fear of the tuning but Mark at LFP told me the 60's are only good til 700hp and that worries me about lean out conditions later.

Driven

Well thats simple enough then, order the larger ones. A good tuner can take away any driveability issues with them, and if they cant, go to a different one, or keep going back to the same one until your problems are fixed. With the amount of money you are going to spend to go turbo, $200 dyno tunes are a drop in the bucket

I'm running 75's in my new twin turbo build. I ran 95's in a past vehicle and there was no idle or tuning issues.

I think the 60's are maxed at 800 FLYWHEEL HP; that's 650-700 rwhp or so and most these turbo setups will do that easily.

Jody

I'm going with the 75's, decision made thanks guys I appriciate the help. Jody you are correct that is what Mark at LFP was talking about for the 60's

Driven

What engine management are you running? You can run a Mototron 65lb. high imp. injector which I would feel comfortable with up to at least 850 flywheel horse. When you go to the 75lb. injector, you most often are going to a low impedence injector which is often not compatible with the factor ECU system in domestic cars.

That Mototron injector might support 700 flywheel on a V6 lol

gasguzzler said:
What engine management are you running? You can run a Mototron 65lb. high imp. injector which I would feel comfortable with up to at least 850 flywheel horse. When you go to the 75lb. injector, you most often are going to a low impedence injector which is often not compatible with the factor ECU system in domestic cars.

That Mototron injector might support 700 flywheel on a V6 lol

I'm using a high impedance 75# injector to work with a factory ECU. You'll see more of these with the new flock of turbo trucks being built as they are making 750-800+ RWHP and will max out a 60-65# injector.

Jody

Back