Help me choose my truck! Turbo or KB? Urgent :)

jotti

I am negotiating two trucks right now and plan to choose one soon but I am having a hell of a time.

Rough specs:

truck 1:
JDM Built + polk performance turbo kit, 30k, one owner

truck 2:
JLP built + KB 2.6 supercharged, roll cage, two owner, 35k

I don't have accurate power numbers but these both seem to be very capable trucks. The way I see it is if I am focusing on daily driving + autox then the truck 2 is the way to go, if I am looking for a daily driver + track + drag I should go with the truck 1. What do you guys think?

truck 1 is garage tuned, truck 2 is tuned at evo and as mentioned fully built by JLP. They both have a built trans.

This is so tough. Oh and as far as price goes, the truck 1(turbo) is a few thousand more.

:headscratch:

Last edited:
I would go with truck two; it would probably be more versatile and since it's closer to a stock configuration will probably be more reliable.

Go with the KB truck man. the low range power of the twin screw is going to make the truck a lot more fun to drive on the street/auto-x. I have auto-x my truck a lot and the low range/off idle tq of the eaton/whipple was great for the low speed turns. it would be hard to get into the boost on a auto-x.
the suspension, tires, brakes, and driver are going to make the biggest diff on a auto-x or open track event. a lot of times we can not use all the power we have. i make 450/495 on my street tune and i can not use all of it on a auto-x with the stock f1s.

KB truck for asuto xing for the above reasons.If the turbo kit is sized rite it can work just as well but if not it could be like the first few years of the 930's I saw more of them with rear end damage than I did with no damage!STan

Back