Helmets and Fire Jacket rules

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
For LightningFest 5 and to follow the NHRA safety rules:

All helmets must be Snell 2000 or later.

The track will also enforce the NHRA rule for ANY ET with an an aftermarket supercharger or nitrous installation requires the driver to wear a FIRE JACKET!! It only needs to be single layer, and they run ~$50.

I have a fire jacket on the way to Nan for embroidery, so we shall see how it turns out.

jamie v said:
Label Expires
Snell 90 Expired
Snell 95 Expired
Snell K98 1/1/2009
Snell 2000 1/1/2012
Snell 2005 1/1/2017
SFI 41.1/2005 1/1/2017

So as long as the helmet is at least 98 we are still good to go until 2009 then? or does the track require a 2000 helmet?

Hey Nan, I got my jackets and they are very impressive! Excellent work and they look great! Thanks for your hard work!

Helmets are for trucks running 13.99 or quicker...right?
Kerry

Last year I questioned that Kerry and the official at the start line told me KCIR requires helmets for any vehicle running on their dragstrip. That's what I was told.....

Scott

I think that NHRA, and IHRA rules state.. Helmets for cars/trucks are req. for all running 13.99 and faster....??? Maybe just a track rule... I have all the safty gear, so its not a problem.
Kerry

I think that NHRA, and IHRA rules state.. Helmets for cars/trucks are req. for all running 13.99 and faster....??? Maybe just a track rule... I have all the safty gear, so its not a problem.
Kerry

Yep, that was the impression I was left with. The official was REAL adamant about it though.

Scott

Back