Header kits

Are there any header kits out there for the SOHC motors? It looks like I might have to build my own headers to get the kit to work and mount the way I want it.

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
I don't know of any header kits but if you do decide to build your own headers I have a couple of Burns Stainless header collectors for sale that I spent a kings ransom on. :D
I ended up buying a set of Bassani headers for a mustang to fit my 4V and they were perfect for me so I stopped the header project.
Dale

Bad as L said:
...a couple of Burns Stainless header collectors for sale that I spent a kings ransom on...

no kidding! but you do get what you pay for with burns, they are the best of the best.

Bad as L said:
I ended up buying a set of Bassani headers for a mustang to fit my 4V and they were perfect for me so I stopped the header project.
Dale

Oh yeah??? More info please! Just regular shorties?

I thought about buying something like the FMS shorties for a 2V GT and see if I could get them to work.

Anyone want to try it first? :D

Its not what your thinking Frank. I bought the mid length Bassani and am running them in the normal location swept back towards the rear of the truck and then they will turn and connect under the motor and then merge to one large single tube and then on to the turbo. I am modeling these headers after a set that Ken Duttweiler designed for a Buick GN that are now made by Hooker.
Dale
PS....what with the money I have spent getting these headers the way I want them.....I shoulda just made my own anyway.

Back