Have You Guys Seen This?

Yup ! ... a few times.... I still can't believe how calm the driver was, he was going down with his ship...... Kyle was getting ready to jump at 40mph...

If he would have drug the wall it would have pinned that door shut...

Yeah I was thinking that, although he could have gone out the drivers side. Hard to tell what all was in the way in the interior. I think they also said they were on an overpass part of the way.

Getting out wouldn't have been a problem.

I used to set cars on fire for a living. They were in a death trap; there was no stopping that fire without a fire hose. Keeping it moving was just making it worse. They were literally seconds away from asphyxiation once you see those coils of smoke. That stuff is extremely toxic.

We had to make sure a gas tank would survive 2 minutes of indirect flame or 1 minute of direct. After that, the assumption of the testing was that the passengers would be dead anyway due to inhaling that toxic soup.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yup. one of the craziest videos I've seen in a while. Pretty scary to not be able to get out. Nothing like a good old manual e-brake versus the lame electronic ones.

What I didn’t understand was they said the cause was a brake line quick disconnect failed causing not only the fire, but the loss of braking. Why would there be a quick disconnect on the brake lines!?!

Regardless it was good to see the driver keep a cool head and try make the right decisions even though it was a complete loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even before it got to the cause at the end, my bet was that heat had ruptured a flexible brake line and then DOT 4 brake fluid went up in flames.

Risking the driver and passenger's life to avoid a side collision with a barreir to slow the car down did not save the car. :blink:

Risking the driver and passenger's life to avoid a side collision with a barreir to slow the car down did not save the car. :blink:

It wasn’t to save the car. If pinned it against the barrier the passenger wouldn’t be able to get out.

My opinion is that he did not fully understand the gravity of the situation and was trying to save the car. Instead he had them both trapped in the moving car and he was fanning the flames.

He should've dragged the wall to slow the car down. *If* the door ended up being pinned, then his passenger wasn't 600 lbs. He could get across the center console just fine. From the dialog, it sounded like he rolled past a couple of spots where they could have ditched into grass.

His passenger understood (maybe because of the clouds of noxious smoke rolling into his face) and was about ready to bail and roll from a moving vehicle rather than ride that out any further.

A word of advice, you see smoke like that, you're not saving your vehicle, so you'd better focus on saving your butt!!

My opinion is that he did not fully understand the gravity of the situation and was trying to save the car. Instead he had them both trapped in the moving car and he was fanning the flames.

He should've dragged the wall to slow the car down. *If* the door ended up being pinned, then his passenger wasn't 600 lbs. He could get across the center console just fine. From the dialog, it sounded like he rolled past a couple of spots where they could have ditched into grass.

His passenger understood (maybe because of the clouds of noxious smoke rolling into his face) and was about ready to bail and roll from a moving vehicle rather than ride that out any further.

A word of advice, you see smoke like that, you're not saving your vehicle, so you'd better focus on saving your butt!!

Amen! I've been trapped in a rolled over race car that went up in flames and you would be surprised how tiny of a spot you can squeeze through at 6'5" 215 pounds!!

Back