Hated to do it,, But I had to....

J

JJ's Whitelight

I was in town tonight driving down Liberty road to see how they are coming along with the construction of a new Mr.Tire, and as I was coming up towards the light at Ridge road, I noticed a mustang with a ram air hood weaving in and out of cars in an apparant attempt to get a look at my L.

As luck would have it, the light at Ridge road turned yellow and the Mustang was next to me.. I played it cool and decided that because I had a full tank of 94 Sunoco with booster, I would shut it down and flip the switch on the chip. ( I wonder what he was thinking when he heard me turn it off and then back on)... Well, the light turned green and I let him get out by 1 car length, then I hit it.... by the time I hit 80mph, I was out on him by 5 cars.... and he was rowing the boat as best he could to try to keep up... but it was pointless......

I turned around and drove back to where he turned off at a dairy queen. I drove into the parking lot and him and his buddy got out with this look on their faces like they had been struck by lightning,, well they had been....
I talked to them a little and let them look at the truck....His mustang had a intake and exhaust, but that was about it.... He was very suprised at how far I was out on him at 80, but he was cool about it.... all in all a good kill and no hard feelings....

the best part is that in this small town of ricers and stangs and x-tremes, this guy is gonnna be able to tell all his buds not to mess with my L.....and I probably would have been just as happy if I didnt flip the switch... JJ

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip, Best ET so far, 13.23 @ 104mph.
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Sweet kill, it's even better when the driver is cool about it. I never understood why someone has to be an schmuck about it when they provoke a race and then get their ass kicked.
I haven't used the race side of my flip chip yet because I haven't got my hands on the good gas. What kind of booster where you running? I was under the impression that they (octane boosters) didn't work.

Later,

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

[This message has been edited by DJANIMATE (edited 07-25-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
Sweet kill, it's even better when the driver is cool about it. I never understood why someone has to be an schmuck about it when they provoke a race and then get their ass kicked.
I haven't used the race side of my flip chip yet because I haven't got my hands on the good gas. What kind of booster where you running? I was under the impression that they (octane boosters) didn't work.

Later,

</font>

NOS's stuff in the silver can(black box)off road race, kicks ass DJ...i have used it religously and neva been screwed..of course its no substitute for the sonoco stuff(real gas) but it does work......
wink.gif
,,,take it from reverend surfa..and i'll see ya all in truck church on sunday(the race track)
biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 07-25-2001).]

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with chips - how do you "flip" it to a different program? I always thought you would have to get out and go flip it manually?

------------------
Silver 01
bedrug&snuglid
JL Audio system
Magnaflow 14468
picture album
icon3.jpg

A FLIP CHIP HAS 2 PROGRAMS ON A SINGLE CHIP WHEN YOU INSTALL IT THERE IS A SWITCH THAT YOU MOUNT SOMEWHERE WITHIN REACH SHUT DOWN THE TRUCK AND YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN PROGRAMS DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT

------------------
2000 LIGHTNING
SWANSON CHIP
PRO-M 80MM MAF

PLANET AUDIO 4 CHANNEL 400WATT AMP,BLAUPUNKT SPEAKERS
#3945 BORN ON 6-15-00

"DADDY HIT THE FAST BUTTON" (MY DAUGHTER ERIKA WHO IS 4 JUST LOVES THIS TRUCK

Hey DJ.. I go to a Sunoco station that is about 10 minutes from my work and I get the 98 Race pump gas.. I fill my 5 gallon jug and take that to the track. My everyday gas is the Sunoco 94, then I just add a bottle of the new prestone octane booster, It is supposed to add up to 10 point to the Octane number and I have been real happy with it.. I used to use the 104 in the black bottle, but have recently tried this one and it seems to work real well.. I like to run around with about 100 in it all the time because you never know when you might need it....... better to have it and be able to flip the switch than to not have it and go "damn, wish I could have flipped the switch"..

There is one other thing you have to understand, and that is that I dont drive my L everyday, one day a week to work and then maybe to my moms or friends on weekends, thats about it.. I drive my Tercel or my Si.. the Si only has 9500 miles on it and it is 14 months old, and it has gotten most of the mileage on her since I got the L.. I put 94 and booster in it too...

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip, Best ET so far, 13.23 @ 104mph.
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Good kill JJ!! Don't you just love to kill poney cars of all sorts!! Its a blast!

The NOS stuff is supposed to be the best octane booster you can buy! When I got my truck dynoed they said that was the only one they have ever tried that actually mad power on the dyno jet!!

I like Torquo Race gas! I run faster on it that I do witht he sunoco! I herd sunoco is better if your using nitrous though! I use 104 at the track, the only bad thing about around here in kansas is, is that the highest octane you can get at the pump is 92 <g>!!!!

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

Back