Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

No worries! People need to know this the 6-Ton stands I've been using are on the list!!!

I had a pair of the 3 ton just to use under smaller vehicles... I returned them and they tried to tell me the coupon that came with the email is only for the jack stand replacements. It clearly states on the coupon that is for any other item. So after a slight argument I got 40%.......and asked to leave. Oh well.

I use HF for some things, but after folding up a 4' pry bar and nearly falling 8', I swore off of them for anything where metallurgy and strength could be a factor.

Two things I own from them that have been good.

Snap-on copied floor jack
e850e926c283af0c467b1b47780fbbae.jpg

Welding cabinet
ddd071f25a0a03bb0feaa8593ccafcea.jpg

The Daytona series of jacks is quite good I have one of those as well Jamie. But that's their "premium" line and double the price of the Pittsburg line. I had one of the Pittsburg jacks before the Daytona and it was junk.

I have a hard time buying power tools from them as well. They just don't seem to have the umph of the nicer brands. But for some things their great.

P.S. I have the welding cabinet as well for my TIG. Holds your stuff just as good as a higher end cabinet but very reasonable.

Yep, my welder stand is HF, garage cart HF, there are some other things. Consumables they're fine with me. The magnetic trays I use to throw hardware in when I pull stuff apart.

I’ve had 2 of the aluminum jacks. The 1.5 lasted a good long time and now I have the 2.5 ton and it’s been a few years and no issues. I just took my 6 ton stands back yesterday for store credit. Anyone know which brand to go with? I was looking at northern. I’d like a double locking mechanism

Luckily the 3xsets of 6ton and 2x sets of 3ton I have are are Craftsman.
And the 3 tons are close to 40yrs old and the 6tons are oh 15 or so. I am all good but will mention this to others for sure. Had Bump not put this here I would likely never had heard this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Bump not put this here I would likely never had heard this info.

Nope ... Ray found it and posted it as an announcement/sticky first-up.

Mine was just a double post.

Nonetheless, it’s good that folks are taking note.

It’s the kinda stuff that can sometimes end really badly.

Back