Hammers Going Built

TheHammer

NJLOC
well since I blew my headgasket at spookfest ive been doing a lot of research and thinking
cost wise doesn't make sense to fix the stock motor to run a number than probably take it back out and go built anyways

I know my truck could of ran an 11 maybe not at spookfest but it would of happened

so my new goal is to run 10s on the eaton
getting a JLP built short block since he is having a sale
looking into trick flow 185 track heat heads
either jlp stage 3 or custom ground cams
jlp comp r exhaust
ported lower intake and race ported eaton
60lb injectors, 97 rails
10# lower and interchangeable upper

looking to make 600hp on c16 turned up

if anyone has any parts or insight please let me know

First I want to thank Jamie V, Jim I, Brad, Josh, Crewsy for all of their help so far

it is a one piece hub I do belive, Jim would know best
hence why I want to run an interchangeable upper pulley for street and strip

Gotcha, I wasn't sure if you had one or if you were buying one. If you were buying one I'd get one that was two piece.

Hammer .... I have been thinking of selling some stuff - comp R, polished 2.8 KB, etc. also think I have some 97 rails around as well.

The lower I would reccomend a Metco interchangable hub. You will need the 10#er for running big numbers with the little blower. You may want a smaller lower lter with the next(bigger, I assume) power adder. For a few bucks more you get versatility.

Jim

The lower I would reccomend a Metco interchangable hub. You will need the 10#er for running big numbers with the little blower. You may want a smaller lower lter with the next(bigger, I assume) power adder. For a few bucks more you get versatility.

Jim

That was my thought Jim!

So that's what broke. I wish you well with your new goal. Sucks you didn't get the 11 cause we know it's doable. I may try to catch up to what you have done next year.

GET UM HAMMER GET UM. Why stop @ 10.60 when a 9.60 is only a couple grand more. Hey by next year every GEN II RACING WILL BE RUNNING 9.50 OR FASTER. and trapping @ 144+ mph

PS:: I want a fast GEN II like that yellow one @ spookfest maybe he will take 20K for it!!!

Hammer .... I have been thinking of selling some stuff - comp R, polished 2.8 KB, etc. also think I have some 97 rails around as well.
Dave,
I already picked up the exhaust but I would be very interested in the 97 rails brother! I know you have lots of goodies laying around
Good luck with the build.
Thanks Greg!

Jim
Thanks for all the help Jim
I feel like a noob all over again
So that's what broke. I wish you well with your new goal. Sucks you didn't get the 11 cause we know it's doable. I may try to catch up to what you have done next year.
Ned,
I was hoping to call you with good news but obviously that didn't happen.
lot of track and street passes on the truck, I can't complain
I was going to fix the stock motor and go fo the 11 again but I don't want to spend money twice
keep killing them with the stock pulley buddy and keep in touch
GET UM HAMMER GET UM. Why stop @ 10.60 when a 9.60 is only a couple grand more. Hey by next year every GEN II RACING WILL BE RUNNING 9.50 OR FASTER. and trapping @ 144+ mph

PS:: I want a fast GEN II like that yellow one @ spookfest maybe he will take 20K for it!!!

Dennis,
im coming after you! we are going to line them up next year once I get squared away!
im not spending my savings on the truck I could build a badass setup if I wanted but everyone knows I set goals and go achieve them other wise id just throw money at it

I stand a change againts a built Gen II with a ported Eaton or Mp... Throw a 2.3/2.6/2.8 in the mix and the huff will go down. The first thing for a Gen I owner to admit is :::: any built Gen II with a bigger blower and supporting add-ons will clean the clock of any street Gen 1 no matter what blower they run. The truth is in the racing. Tommy M said he will run and beat any BUILT GenII when he gets his Gen I built. (TRUTH BE TOLD)...

Good to hear Nick. I'm sure you'll do it up right. :bigtu:

The first thing for a Gen I owner to admit is :::: any built Gen II with a bigger blower and supporting add-ons will clean the clock of any street Gen 1 no matter what blower they run. The truth is in the racing.

Really Dennis? I think I will beg to differ!

Go get 'em hammer!

From a 0 lb lower to a 10 lb lower, man you're not going to know what to do with all that new found power LOL!

I'd also say go for a 2 piece lower for ease of changing rings down the road. Metco's is a little nicer piece than LFP's (thicker flange so less likely to egg out, yet lighter overall). I've ran a 10 lb lower since day 1 and still run it, but who knows what the future of your truck holds, easy to swap rings than buy full pullies. Carmelo actually may have a 10 lb ring for sale.

Tommy M said he will run and beat any BUILT GenII when he gets his Gen I built. (TRUTH BE TOLD)...

There he goes making stuff up again. You getting sleepy out in that power house? Did one of the inmates drug you again? Lol. I said I will clean your clock when im done with my build.

Dennis,

I plan to run high 10s on the race tune, guess your built motor and supercharged gen 1 cant handle that?
your always saying gen 1s don't stand a chance against gen 2s
yet the fastest trucks in our club are mostly gen 1s.....

paul,
thank you!! im sure I will be talking to you and getting advice

josh,

yes not your ordinary jump in power
from stock pulley to 10lb pulley
can't wait to get the truck done and get it back on the streets

have to have goals to get anywhere....

Street driven Gen 1's don't usually stack up too well against street driven gen 2's.

Hopefully some of us can change that.

Just happened to be browsing thru here LOL... Good Luck with the build Nick... I was thinking you could've just put in better rods like Josh had before he went all-out and otherwise used stock heads, crank, pistons, honed the walls and whatever to technically call it a "stock block" and at least had the comfort of knowing you could play with the timing for a race tune and not worry about the rods.

But your plan sounds solid, and I'm sure you'll get your number.

Mike

Thanks Mike
i thought long and hard about what i was going to do
decided to only spend money once and go built now...
could i have done the head gasket and turned it up and went for that 11 again? absolutely but 2 head gaskets is the same cost as a short block so

Back