Guaging interest: Urethane moter/trans mount set

CONMECH

Upon initial conversation with a company here in San Diego area, I have found out alittle about the motor and trans mounts that we use on our severe duty vehicles. Urethane bushed mounts that have been researched and developed in desert racing. The company owner has a "Pre- Runner" truck ('70 Ford) with a 460/C6 combo and he has used this truck as a test platform. Not to SHOCK anyone, but the quoted price for a set of 3 mounts is around 365. When asked if there was a larger purchase, the price per would reflect. That is 2 motor mounts and 1 transmission mount. I told him what the application was (HD / Lightning) and he said that he could do it. I went as far as to ask what kind of warranty there was and the reply was to the effect of - If it breaks, it is replaced. i already had a converrsation with "The MOD KING" BgStew and I think it might be something to look into further (which is what I'm gonna do). Please post up if interested.
100th

1: BgStew
2: Foreman
3: Underdog
4: cthunder55

Last edited:
This guy makes them for tactical Vehicles, HMMWV's and other various tactical vehicles....and if they can take the pouonding we put on them, and he still warranties them...they got to be some tough SOBs....got to be better than stock without having to go all out solid mount....

I know I am down for a set....

Too bad these weren't available prior to putting my motor back in. I would have taken a set for sure. I guess I'll catch them on my next venture.

Roach

Too bad these weren't available prior to putting my motor back in. I would have taken a set for sure. I guess I'll catch them on my next venture.

Roach

I'm thinking that it would be worth the hours to do the swap, even if ya just dropped the engine in. If there are hp mods done and you are not 100% with the stockers............... Think about it!
I am gonna get with the owner of the company this week to get as many questions answered. If there are any specific questions that you gearheads want answered, POST 'EM UP and I'll and them in. I'm thinking of letting this Guaging interest thread go for about 3 weeks to a month. Remember, it was stated that the higher number of participants, the lower the price. This is also posted over at NHTOC and all numbers will be tallied up for a grand total of interested parties. I know, "What payment methods will be accepted?". That is one of the many questions that will be addressed. MORE TO FOLLOW.

Maybe this will light a fire under this GB: Stew is making arrangements with the company for a test fit on the mounts on his BLACK HAMMER. Who better to have involved on the technical side than our own GURU? Once he has the mounts installed and makes sure that everything fits the way it is supposed to, hopefully we can get more people interested. As of right now, between NHTOC and NLOC, there is less than 7. These mounts are 100 fabbed up and do not use any stock mounting pieces. These are Urethane mounts and not SOLID. They are durable as well as SEMI flexible. No core charge or exchange on these. There is usually a 3000 dollar set up fee which IIRC is being waved for us. Will keep you posted.

Got this from BgStew:
WEll made it down there today...Met with John and Darin his lead Fabricator...

Prefab Engine Mount test peices are finished...now onto making the Jig and rippin out a test set. Should be hearing something from them soon in about a week.

Top notch operation and these guys KNow there SHAT....quality of work and materials used is top notch.

The traction bars that they have are some stout mothers...you could beat an elaphant down with them...definitley willl be looking into a set of them to replace my METCO Uppers with...

Forgot to add that I took John for a ride....little rip down the street....needless to say he was quite thrilled and saw from the shaker scoop action how much the motor mounts on our trucks allow the engine to move...

i am intrested here are a couple questions how much less flex is in the mounts over stock also how much vibration will it transfer to the fram i have stage 3 cams it is my everyday ride so i don't want it to shake the truck to much more

The flex will be stiffer than stock but not as firm as solid mounts. As for the ride with the stage 3 cams........ JUDGEMENT CALL. Everyone "feels" the ride different than the next person. At last conversation with Stew, the mounts for the HD/Lightnings were being set up for fitment, due to oil cooler set up. I'll call the company to get an update and post up what I find out.

Initial set has been completed and is waiting for install in Stews truck. When it will be completed, I cannot say. After install it will be testing time to see how things are working. More to follow.

well shat...wish he woudl have sent me an email....LOL I could have gone down today to git r done....damnit...

From BgStew6- THEY ARE IN!!

Here is what Stew posted up at NHTOC:
"WEll just wgot back from installing the prototypes....

Dead spot on......and what a difference......

They are stiff, bout half way between stock and solid mounts....I dont get to see my SHaker Hood SHake anymore LOL....

Cured my issue as I was hoping they would. Before the Motor would torque so hard that the Shaker Scoop would slap the side of the hole in the hood. This was even with the Scoop positioned all the way to the opposite side to give it more room to move, now with the new motor mounts and tranny mount it moves only a little.

Not to much difference in stock in terms of being able to feel the motor in the pedal or brake...overall greatly improved and very happy.....I paid all the develolpement costs so it was fairly esxpensive for me, but anyone who happens to choose to purchase these will pay 1/4 what I paid for the first set.

OH and INSTALL IS A BIOTCH!!! Just as bad to install motor mounts and tranny mount as it is to install headers....better mod to install with the headers off that is for sure...We did not remove the headers and it was no fun....but after 5 hoiurs wrestling with them the improvment of having them in overshadowed the pain of the install.

More info to follow....sorry I did not get any photos as was pressed for time to get them in but will be getting some from the manufacturer soon enough and hopefully some type of Price breakout for them."

Now, how many of you are seriously interested in these mounts? Remember that there are 3 pieces to this deal: 2 motor mounts ad 1 trans mount.
Please let me know by posting up.
100th

how soon will these be ready to buy my motor and tran is out now so it will be easy but ill take a set let me know and how much tks scott

I'll contact the company and see. As of today, there is only about 4-5 that are interested. If you are that hooked on the idea, you might be able to pick up a set without a discount. This thread was set up to "Guage interest" and is NOT the official Group Purchase.............................. Stew just happened to be HIGHLY interested in a set and footed the whole price as the Proto type HD / L test mule. Any R&D feed back from him would be relayed back to this sight as well as the NHTOC GP thread for the perspective buyers to make the final decission on whether to buy or not.
100th

Back